Catalyst Control Center versus Control Panel?

Old January 18th 05, 05:21 AM
Don Burnette

Default Catalyst Control Center versus Control Panel?

What's the latest consensus on this?

Earlier, folks were saying the CCC was bloated and not worth installing, to
stick with the Control Panel, which I have been doing.
Has the CCC gotten better? Will it co-exist with ATI Tool ok?

--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the way
of the man that's doing it."

Old January 18th 05, 11:07 AM
Conor

In article , Don Burnette says...
What's the latest consensus on this?

Earlier, folks were saying the CCC was bloated and not worth installing, to
stick with the Control Panel, which I have been doing.
Has the CCC gotten better? Will it co-exist with ATI Tool ok?

Don't bother. Lots of bloat you'll never use.

--
Conor

-- George Patton
Old January 18th 05, 07:10 PM
Glennbo

"Conor" wrote in message
. ..
In article , Don Burnette says...
What's the latest consensus on this?

Earlier, folks were saying the CCC was bloated and not worth installing,
stick with the Control Panel, which I have been doing.
Has the CCC gotten better? Will it co-exist with ATI Tool ok?

Don't bother. Lots of bloat you'll never use.

--
Conor

-- George Patton

CCC is pants.

Glennbo

Old January 19th 05, 03:22 AM
Don Burnette

Gordon Scott wrote:
Don Burnette wrote:

What's the latest consensus on this?

Earlier, folks were saying the CCC was bloated and not worth
installing, to stick with the Control Panel, which I have been doing.
Has the CCC gotten better? Will it co-exist with ATI Tool ok?

--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of
the way of the man that's doing it."

CCC will be crap until MS releases .net 2, to replace the buggy
current .net offering, and will probably still be crap after that.

Ok, cool, thanks guys - I will continue to stick with the older control
panel.

Old January 19th 05, 03:28 AM
HockeyTownUSA

"Don Burnette" wrote in message
Gordon Scott wrote:
Don Burnette wrote:

What's the latest consensus on this?

Earlier, folks were saying the CCC was bloated and not worth
installing, to stick with the Control Panel, which I have been doing.
Has the CCC gotten better? Will it co-exist with ATI Tool ok?

--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of
the way of the man that's doing it."

CCC will be crap until MS releases .net 2, to replace the buggy
current .net offering, and will probably still be crap after that.

Ok, cool, thanks guys - I will continue to stick with the older control
panel.

--
Don Burnette

Or visit www.omegadrivers.net and get his drivers, as they contain
functionality of the ATI Control Center while eliminating the need for .NET
and use ZERO sytem resources. He's usually about a week or so behind ATI
releases, but they are usually much more stable and seem to offer slight
performance boosts.

Old January 19th 05, 03:39 AM
Don Burnette

Gordon Scott wrote:
Don Burnette wrote:

[...]

Ya know, I tried the Omega's once - now, this goes back to either the 9700
Pro drivers, or even as far back as the Nvidia TI4400 drivers. I started
getting crashes, where I used to not. I uninstalling them, went back to the
drivers I was using, and all was well again. I have not tried them since.

Perhaps it is time to give them a try again.

Thanks,

Old January 20th 05, 01:01 AM
HomeBrewer

Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the
way of the man that's doing it."

Hey Don, can I use your quote in my sig line...I like it!

--
HomeBrewer