Vertical yellow bands

Old December 2nd 04, 06:05 PM
W. Clinton Terry

Default Vertical yellow bands

I have just created a new computer, where all the component parts are new
except for my Sony DVD burner and reader. The ATI card I installed was the
Radeon Pro. If there are different versions of this, I am not sure which
one it is and unfortunately, I discarded the box it came in. In any event,
there are light vertical yellow bands, about one inch wide, that one can see
on the monitor. Sometimes when there is a white document that does not
occupy the entire screen, this yellow tint extends between the bands. I do
not do games so I did not install the drivers that came on the CD. I guess
that I do not have Catalyst installed. I am using XP professional and the
display driver is 6.14 or something to that degree. Trying to get any
support from ATI is pretty hard. I did hook up another monitor to the new
computer and the banding did not go away. If I had another video card I
would stick it in to see whether the bands do go away, but I do not have
anothe card. Does anyone have an idea what the problem here is....and how
to remedy it short of going to another video card. This is a particular
problem for my photographic work is affected inasmuch as my monitor is
profiled and it is difficult to color correct pictures in Photoshop with
this situation.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.

W. Clinton Terry

Old December 2nd 04, 06:10 PM
W. Clinton Terry

P.S. the card is plugged in the AGP slot and the motherboad is a Tuyan Tiger
i7505/ S2668 which I needed because this computer is using twoXeon
processors.

Clinton

. ..

Old December 3rd 04, 06:01 AM
SteveK

[...]

most likely the video card is faulty or psu is undersized for this card -
check this card in another system. Maybe your dealer is more than happy to
checck the card in his workbench system

Old December 3rd 04, 02:11 PM
dave

"W. Clinton Terry" wrote in message
. ..
.... This is a particular problem for my photographic work is affected

inasmuch
as my monitor is profiled and it is difficult to color correct pictures in

Photoshop
with this situation.

Any change of video card means you need to redo your monitor profile anyway.

Old December 4th 04, 12:32 PM
Shawk

W. Clinton Terry wrote:

I do not do games so I did not install the drivers that came on the CD. I guess
that I do not have Catalyst installed. I am using XP professional and the
display driver is 6.14 or something to that degree

Load the driver that came with the card. That's what it's for. If the
banding persists then at least you know it's installed properly and can
take it from there. Shaun