computer beeping, no boot

Old March 27th 04, 06:48 AM
Not so quick

Default computer beeping, no boot

What does it mean when a computer starts
making a continuous beep sound, all in the
same pitch about 5 times/second?
And won't boot...

Old March 27th 04, 11:16 AM
Rick

It sounds like one or two thinks, if the system as been running ok for
some time, check the CPU fan and any system cooling fan, if not that
then check all sockets and plugs. I am a service eng and I go out to
about 5 systems per week ware the CPU fan as stop due to dust. If your
system is more than 3 years old you should replace the CPU fan.

--
Rick
Old March 27th 04, 03:48 PM
Not so quick

wrote:

What does it mean when a computer starts
making a continuous beep sound, all in the
same pitch about 5 times/second?
And won't boot...

--
Rick

Is it then a temperature problem or a fan
not on line... ?

Is it then a fan not connected alarm or a
temperature problem? There are several
online, for sale CDs that give the meanings
of beeps. Is there any significance to the
particular beep, steady, same tone, about
5-10 beets per second.

Old March 27th 04, 06:36 PM
Shep©

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 22:48:59 -0800 Letting slip the dogs of war "Not
so quick" wrote :

What does it mean when a computer starts
making a continuous beep sound, all in the
same pitch about 5 times/second?
And won't boot...

http://bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm
http://www.hardwarecentral.com/hardw...utorials/13/2/

HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de
Old April 11th 04, 01:29 AM
half_pint

I had a very similar prob when I added some new ram,
I discovered that it was only half inserted in the slots.
Inserting it correctly cured it

half_pint

Old April 11th 04, 04:37 AM
D2E

ram error

---

Bios now computer will not boot :-( Si General 20 February 22nd 04 12:36 PM
Computer won't boot ArchNacho General 5 October 4th 03 05:24 PM
help: computer won't boot Rob General 3 October 4th 03 12:14 PM
Computer won't boot with 2000+ Athlon, 2100+ Athlon works just fine Cyde Weys General 4 July 3rd 03 12:16 PM