Scanning log documents (diagnostic strips)

Old December 2nd 03, 05:49 AM
Mike Strout

Default Scanning log documents (diagnostic strips)

I work for a medical practice. We are implementing a document management
solution for our medical charts. We are desperately searching for a way to
scan diagnostic strips, many of which are over 20' in length.

Nearly every scanner we have seen out there has a limitation under 5' unless
we go with the $20k Panasonic.

Can someone suggest some other solutions to this problem? For example, some
old fax machines used to allow sending of really long documents. It isn't
ideal, but might be a possibility.

Thanks,
Mike

Old December 3rd 03, 05:42 PM
Mark Durrenberger

I don't suppose cutting them into 5' strips is an option? (or whatever your
maximum length is)

What about the scanners with document feeders? can any of them take really
long sheets?
(see the post above above "short sheeted")

Mark