Problem with A7N8X-Deluxe & FM tuner on Radeon 9600

Old February 23rd 04, 08:03 PM
Stan S.

Default Problem with A7N8X-Deluxe & FM tuner on Radeon 9600

Hi,

The FM tuner on an all-in-wonder Radeon 9600 card tunes a station then
crackles and goes silent. When I restart the program the tuner works
again for a few seconds or minutes, then crackles and dies.

I sent the card back to ATI for replacement after talking to their tech
support at length. They shipped new card, I installed, tried several
versions of the drivers and MMC, had the same problem.

My Motherboard is an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe with an onboard sound card. I am
running WinXP SP1.

The problem sounds like the card is building charge in a capacitor that
then shuts off the FM tuner as if it were a fuse. I may try grounding
the MB or the card, or moving other cards around.

The video and TV work fine. I noticed the FM is on the wave input
chanel, different from the TV tuner which is on the aux, or line-in
chanels.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone use their FM tuner? Could this
be a problem with the ASUS board?

-Stan

--
* Delete X and caps to in my email address to reply *

--
*** Replace phoney with net in email address to respond