so i did it...........

Old June 19th 07, 06:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Lepak Nerat

Default so i did it...........

bought two 8800GTX's (cheeky smile)
only thing i am thinking off is noise, its an MSI card, fans look quite
large, so hopefullyu they will be slow and quiet.

HOWEVER I can water cool them, but not sure what the temps should be as
a basis.
Any suggestion on monitoring software or overclocking?

thanks in advance.
Old June 19th 07, 11:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
ShutEye

bought two 8800GTX's (cheeky smile)

Shut up

Old June 20th 07, 02:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ed Medlin

"Lepak Nerat" wrote in message
bought two 8800GTX's (cheeky smile)
only thing i am thinking off is noise, its an MSI card, fans look quite
large, so hopefullyu they will be slow and quiet.

HOWEVER I can water cool them, but not sure what the temps should be as a
basis.
Any suggestion on monitoring software or overclocking?

thanks in advance.

I got two of the EVGA Superclocked 8800 GTXs in SLI and believe me, you
won't have to worry about overclocking them. They may make your CPU the
bottleneck though.......:-). Noise is not a factor on the EVGA cards even if
those fans look massive. Even if they spin up to max it is just a hiss of a
sound and not loud at all. I have a liquid cooled system and three 120mm
fans and the only thing I can hear distictly is the water pump and it is
very quiet. The MSI fans look to be the same as the EVGA ones, so I don't
think noise is going to be a problem. I didn't bother with water cooling
them after I found how quiet they are. Good water blocks for them go for
$100-$200 a pop so that could also be a factor........:-).

Ed

Old June 22nd 07, 03:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Greg[_6_]

Yeah. I have a suggestion.
But you better send me one of them to make sure the suggestion is
worthwhile. I'll get it back to you a.s.a.p.