Do I need a cooling fan on my GeForce MX 4000

Old September 2nd 05, 12:43 PM
Anonymous

Default Do I need a cooling fan on my GeForce MX 4000

Hi. I just purchased a GeForce MX4000 128MB AGP card off eBay. The
card looks pristine. I notice that there is a header on the card for a
fan. Should I buy a fan for the heatsink for this card? I will not be
doing much intense gaming on this card.
Your advice is appreciated.
Old September 2nd 05, 12:57 PM
Mr.X

"Anonymous" skrev i meddelandet
Hi. I just purchased a GeForce MX4000 128MB AGP card off eBay. The card
looks pristine. I notice that there is a header on the card for a fan.
Should I buy a fan for the heatsink for this card? I will not be doing
much intense gaming on this card.
Your advice is appreciated.

On that kind of card, theres no need for a fan..
Maybe if you play games much and OC it..

/Mr.X

Old September 2nd 05, 07:16 PM
Karl-Olav Nyberg

"Anonymous" skrev i melding
Hi. I just purchased a GeForce MX4000 128MB AGP card off eBay. The card
looks pristine. I notice that there is a header on the card for a fan.
Should I buy a fan for the heatsink for this card? I will not be doing
much intense gaming on this card.
Your advice is appreciated.

You could awcause get into trouble with some games.

KON

Old September 3rd 05, 12:34 AM
Rayson

GeForce 4MX do not require cooling fan, but make sure it is MX, not the
normal GeForce 4. Anyway, why not consider Geforce5200? It is about the
same price and a lot more powerful than a MX.

"Anonymous"

Old September 3rd 05, 01:59 AM
First of One

If the card did not come with a fan, then it does not need it.

Besides, the MX4000 is such a cheap card, it's not worthwhile to spend more
money on accessories for it.

Old September 3rd 05, 02:47 AM
Anonymous

Rayson wrote:
GeForce 4MX do not require cooling fan, but make sure it is MX, not the
normal GeForce 4. Anyway, why not consider Geforce5200? It is about the
same price and a lot more powerful than a MX.

I have a GeForce FX5200 SE in one of my other rigs. I just ran across
the MX4000 for a decent price for another rig I built.

Thanks for the advice re the cooling fan. The 5200 has one, so I
wondered if the MX4000 might need one too.

Watercooling, peltiers etc,.. Moods Overclocking 5 February 3rd 04 08:41 AM
Quadro FX vs. GeForce FX Pelvis Popcan Nvidia Videocards 1 September 24th 03 03:28 AM
Help: Can't get AFL Live 2004 to work with GeForce wheelie Nvidia Videocards 1 September 13th 03 08:28 AM
Cooling Questions Peter Cavan General 35 September 2nd 03 06:42 AM
My New Asus Geforce FX v9900 5800 My exp. Naked Women Nvidia Videocards 0 August 12th 03 04:43 PM