FX5200 Problem

Old August 1st 05, 03:44 AM
khurram-s

Default FX5200 Problem

My problem is regarding the performance of my MSI VGA FX5200 T128
card. As expected it should run 3d games much better than Geforce4 MS
4000X 64mb vga. But when i plugged in the FX5200, the performance
deteriorated very much as compared to my old ms 4000X (from Asus). I
even ran many bench marking softwares and there was big difference in
the scores that i got using MSI Fx5200 and from the score i got from
Asus MS 4000X VGA. The AQUAMARK gave me 3016 score with FX5200 where
as it gave me a score of 10563. I also tried Future mark softwares and
got almost the same difference. Now i feel that i’ve wasted my mony on
FX5200. At first i thought i’ve got an MSI borad with an MSI VGA so
they should run very smoothly being from the same manufacuturer.
Please tell is there somthing wrong with the settings (althoug i’ve
tried many settings including latest driver updates from MSI NVIDIA).
My games run very much slow with this card rather slower than my MX
4000.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Nvidia...pict59773.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=302338

http://www.usenet.com
Old August 1st 05, 04:12 AM
Phil Weldon

'khurram-s' wrote, in part:
| My problem is regarding the performance of my MSI VGA FX5200 T128
| card. As expected it should run 3d games much better than Geforce4 MS
| 4000X 64mb vga.

_____

The video card is not the only determinant of game (or game oriented
benchmark) performance.
The GeForce4 MS4000 and the FX5200 are pretty close in price.
Did you use the same version of Aquamark with both boards?
Are the quality settings the same when you run games with each video card?

Additional information on the CPU and operating system might help.

Phil Weldon

news:7_302338_bd823d121685c367e0717b3b03bec846@har dwareforumz.com...

Old August 1st 05, 04:16 AM
Augustus

"khurram-s" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like you replaced a 128bit Asus V9400 with a 64bit MSI FX 5200. So
yes, one would expect a performance drop.

fx5200 black spike problem bconnelly27 Nvidia Videocards 1 March 8th 05 03:52 AM
Help needed with unidentified problem ^MisterJingo^ General 3 November 23rd 04 05:45 AM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
This problem has baffled everyone... Nick G General Hardware 43 May 22nd 04 04:01 AM
GTA vice cyte gf4 fx5200 problem jhgd Nvidia Videocards 4 June 24th 03 09:58 PM