no blue ink coming out of my printer

Old November 27th 03, 10:26 PM
BC

Default no blue ink coming out of my printer

I have a HP Photosmart 1000 printer, running XP.
Just tonight, tried to print a photo, when it came out, it was all pink-ish,
no blue whatsoever.
I recently bought a compatible cartridge, but I returned that cuz there was
no blue ink, or at least none was coming out.
The current cartridge is refilled by pros, or so they say, through ebay. I
sent them my original empty HP cartridge, they refilled it, it worked fine,
but now there is no blue. I havent done many prints, still 60% colour ink
left!

anyone have any ideas, I've cleaned it using the HP Toolbox, by printing few
pages to clean the head, but they all come out looking pink-ish.

thanx

Old November 28th 03, 05:53 PM
Bob Headrick

"BC" wrote in message
I have a HP Photosmart 1000 printer, running XP.
Just tonight, tried to print a photo, when it came out, it was all pink-ish,
no blue whatsoever.
I recently bought a compatible cartridge, but I returned that cuz there was
no blue ink, or at least none was coming out.
The current cartridge is refilled by pros, or so they say, through ebay. I
sent them my original empty HP cartridge, they refilled it, it worked fine,
but now there is no blue. I havent done many prints, still 60% colour ink
left!

You already know the answer - you have a defective cartridge. If you blot the
cartridge on a damp tissue you will find that you get a stripe of magenta and
yellow but no cyan. This will confirm that what you need is a new cartridge.

Regards,

Dell printer 960 gringo Dell Computers 5 April 9th 04 07:26 AM
last comment Was Curious Dell Computers 15 November 4th 03 12:17 AM
Sharp JX-9460/MicroLaser Pro toner/drum mysteries deepen Henry Printers 4 September 22nd 03 03:52 PM
Cannot turn printer off, pc reboots NM Printers 1 July 22nd 03 09:21 PM
[Q] Color Laser Printer _Jung Printers 4 July 16th 03 09:34 PM