Motherboard FSB - Newbie Question

Old August 2nd 03, 03:06 AM
mac

Default Motherboard FSB - Newbie Question

I just installed a Biostar M7NCG, with a Athlon XP 2400 , with 512 MB DDR
RAM 3200.

My question is regarding the Motherboard FSB Frequency. The BIOS has a
choice of 100, 133 or 266. If I pick 266, the motherboard won't boot and I
have to reset the BIOS. The motherboard only boots on FSB Frequency of 100
or 133. My manual says it "supports Socket-A AMD Processors FSB
200/266/333 M transfer per second". Can Anyone explain this please?

http://www.biostar.com.tw/products/m...dex.php3?name=
M7NCG

PROCESSOR

a.. Socket A
b.. AMD AthlonT XP , AthlonT and DuronT Processor
c.. 200 / 266 / 333MHz system interface speed

Thank you,
mac

Old August 2nd 03, 03:16 AM
mac

CORRECTION: My error,
The BIOS doesn't say 266; it says 166!!! That's why it won't boot if I set
it to 166!
Is this true?

Thanks again,
mac