difference between 5900 and 5900 ultra?

Old July 6th 03, 08:57 PM
Lurch

Default difference between 5900 and 5900 ultra?

What is difference between 5900 & 5900 ultra?

except for the price?

faster? how much?

the both use same speeds & 256bit interrface, don't they?

TIA

Lurch

Old July 6th 03, 11:22 PM
Anybody®

Doesn't the Asus 5900 Ultra have 256mb ram? Slightly higher clock speeds
too, I am not sure about the other makes.
m...

Old July 8th 03, 01:19 AM
Anders Albrechtsen

"Anybody®" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
5900 Ultra:
Co 450 MHz
Memory: 850 MHz DDR
256 MB DDR memory
Ya that's the one----Me Want :-D
drool

I hate to say it, but your wasting your money. Even the Radeon 9700 Pro
outperforms the GFX 5900 Ultra in many cases when AA and AF are applied.
Read some reviews before you decide.
---
Anders

Old July 8th 03, 03:48 AM
Dave

You mean like this review which has the 5900 Ultra smoking the 9800 Pro in
all games tested.
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030512/index.html
Dave

Old July 8th 03, 06:55 AM
John Lewis

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 02:19:43 +0200, "Anders Albrechtsen"
wrote:

"Anybody®" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
5900 Ultra:
Co 450 MHz
Memory: 850 MHz DDR
256 MB DDR memory
Ya that's the one----Me Want :-D
drool

I hate to say it, but your wasting your money. Even the Radeon 9700 Pro

..................overclocked with an attached ice-pack......

Old July 8th 03, 12:18 PM
Anders Albrechtsen

"Anybody®" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...

snip

Even IF that were so, I would take a Nvidia before an ati anyday...

It would a lot more intersting and helpful if you explained to all of us why
you're so loyal.
---
Anders

Old July 8th 03, 12:40 PM
Anders Albrechtsen

"Dave" wrote in message
You mean like this review which has the 5900 Ultra smoking the 9800 Pro in
all games tested.
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030512/index.html
Dave

You need to be more up to date. That's an old article with old drivers using
the same old benchmarks. Might I interest you in this one:
http://www.ocaddiction.com/articles/...adeon_9800pro/ or
this one: http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDg5. Notice the bad
performance in RtCW in the lattr review. Yikes! The article I based my first
statement used costum built benchmarks in popular games such as GTA: Vice
City, Warcraft III and NOLF2 thus bypassing any driver optimizations for
popular benchmarks (UT 2003 Flyby, Q3A etc. etc.). The Radeon 9700/9800
comes out on top in every benchmark here with 4x AA and 8x AF. I'll provide
a link when I can access Google and Rage3D again.
---
Anders

Old July 8th 03, 12:50 PM
Anders Albrechtsen

"Anders Albrechtsen" wrote in message

snip

I'll provide a link when I can access Google again.

As promised:
http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_cont...ookie%5Ftest=1. The numbers speak for themselves :-) Cheers.
---
Anders

Old July 8th 03, 02:09 PM
Lurch

"Anybody®" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
5900 Ultra:
Co 450 MHz
Memory: 850 MHz DDR
256 MB DDR memory
Ya that's the one----Me Want :-D
drool

I hate to say it, but your wasting your money. Even the Radeon 9700 Pro
outperforms the GFX 5900 Ultra in many cases when AA and AF are applied.
Read some reviews before you decide.
---
Anders

I hate to say it, but this is off-topic

Lurch

ps, I don't have many cases, just one to fit that card in.
Is it even possible that more than one PC uses the same graphicscard?
is there an AGP splitter?

Old July 8th 03, 02:23 PM
Courseyauto

I hate to say it, but your wasting your money. Even the Radeon 9700 Pro
outperforms the GFX 5900 Ultra in many cases when AA and AF are applied.
Read some reviews before you decide.
---
Anders

I hate to say it, but this is off-topic

Lurch

Has a bit of a troll sent to it also.............