Updating the drivers on a softmodded 9500-9700 sapphire

Old January 19th 04, 11:56 PM
O.Phooey

Default Updating the drivers on a softmodded 9500-9700 sapphire

I was lucky enough to get a softmodable sapphire radeon 9500np long
after they were supposedly gone several months ago. The proof was that
the fillrate doubled, and 3d mark score increased dramatically. No
artifacts. I tried about 10x before the softmod worked. I don't know
what I'm doing is one problem. I had one choice for the softmod since
I'm running win98se. Only Rivatuner wrote for that OS. I haven't
upgraded the drivers since that mod back in the early summer (3.6?).
Don't think anything is available for my OS. Is it possible to update
the drivers w/o losing the softmod? I'd hate to go through the dark
tunnel again....

p.s. occassionaly my screen gets scrambled (once a month playing a
graphic intensive online game)and I have to reboot. Is this normal?
The card is running at stock 9500 speeds.
Old January 20th 04, 02:23 PM
newsgroups.bellsouth.net

Go Here...

http://www.omegacorner.com/

Look under the Radeon Page, 9x/ME section...

The scrambled screen thing could be an overheat problem, or a low voltage
problem ( I had a similar one with a softmodded 9500np that I fixed by
burning it a 9700 pro bios - ups the chip voltage ).

"O.Phooey" wrote in message
om...
I was lucky enough to get a softmodable sapphire radeon 9500np long
after they were supposedly gone several months ago. The proof was that
the fillrate doubled, and 3d mark score increased dramatically. No
artifacts. I tried about 10x before the softmod worked. I don't know
what I'm doing is one problem. I had one choice for the softmod since
I'm running win98se. Only Rivatuner wrote for that OS. I haven't
upgraded the drivers since that mod back in the early summer (3.6?).
Don't think anything is available for my OS. Is it possible to update
the drivers w/o losing the softmod? I'd hate to go through the dark
tunnel again....

p.s. occassionaly my screen gets scrambled (once a month playing a
graphic intensive online game)and I have to reboot. Is this normal?
The card is running at stock 9500 speeds.

How noisy is the Radeon 9500 Pro and 9700 Pro cards? Mac Cool General 3 August 2nd 04 08:06 AM
Updating drivers Stan Ati Videocards 6 January 3rd 04 01:57 AM
9500 Pro for sale in U.K (where?) - Maybe I buy 9700. . . Wayne Youngman Ati Videocards 2 July 11th 03 04:52 PM
Is this a 9700 or a 9700 Pro? Lowen B. Holde Ati Videocards 2 July 9th 03 11:55 PM
I've decided to get a 9700 over a 9500 pro... Grendel General 0 June 24th 03 09:58 PM