p4p800 work with PIII PSU?

Old June 24th 03, 05:10 AM
Paul

Default p4p800 work with PIII PSU?

In article , "Cliff"
wrote:

Hi,

Looking at upgrading from a PIII 650, and I'm wondering about compatibility
issues with my existing 300W power supply.

The P4PE comes with an EZPlug, which I understand will let me use my old PSU
with that board.

I read a review stating that the P4P800 doesn't come with the EZPlug -
requires a v2.03 compliant PSU.

Is this true?
Any one able to run the P4P800 on an old PSU (e.g. using adapter plugs)?
Any suggestions on minimum power requirement?
(only using old Matrox G400 - no one of these new fangled, juiced up
graphics cards)

Cheers, Cliff

With regard to the Matrox G400, you should check the serial number to see
if it is likely to behave itself in a new motherboard -

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...u snet.com.au

For estimates, many people can give you a number, but I like to use an
Intel motherboard technical manual, as it has a power estimate table for
their product. This is the D865PERL manual:

ftp://download.intel.com/design/moth...l/C3176401.pdf (pg.78)

Mode DC Power +3.3V +5V +12V -12V +5VSB
Minimum loading 196 W 6A 11A 9A 0.03A 0.80A
Maximum loading 330 W 12A 15A 16A 0.10A 1.60A

The power numbers they give would include the processor (that is why
the +12V numbers are so large). But other components, such as disk drives
and your video card will draw additional power. So, if you are using a
3.0GHz 800MHz FSB processor, your 300 W would be on the low side.
(For a more accurate comparison, you'll have to compare the onboard
peripherals on the D865PERL to the P4P800, to see whether the Asus
board would draw more power compared to the D865.)

HTH,
Paul
Old June 24th 03, 12:11 PM
res07mnf

I tried to use an antec 300w to set up my system and it didn't have enough
power to post, I had to use a bit more than that.
u...

mic does not work JonZ General 9 August 7th 04 05:15 AM
Asus A7v266-e and a 266 MHz MP2800+ will this work ? We Live for the One we Die for the One Overclocking AMD Processors 1 May 24th 04 11:08 PM
PC3700 memory with Asus P4P800 Deluxe Leo Chen Homebuilt PC's 0 July 19th 03 12:11 AM
motherboard died and was wondering if this will work kony General 0 June 30th 03 04:08 AM