P4P800

Old June 23rd 03, 01:54 AM
Cliff

Default P4P800

Great to hear that your G400Max works in this board. Wasn't too sure if it
would work, but you've answer that . thx

"DCWhitty" wrote in message

"Jim Morgan" wrote in message
.. .
Hi All,

From reading the threads, I see several of you have the P4P800. What
do you really like/dislike about this board?? What's the consensus - is
this gonna be another Asus masterpiece? Thanks.

Jim

This board is definitely gonna be a winner. If you had to get one, I say

get
the P4P800 Deluxe. It has basically everything - and everything works.
Once you get the right memory (very important) and BIOS (1005 runs great

out
of the box, and has more tweaking options; 1007 is the speed-tweaked

BIOS),
the board runs like a top.

Sure, every board has issues (nothing's perfect); but this will probably
surpass the CUSL2 and the P2B (and those were real winners. I still have

my
P2B). I bought this board as an upgrade for my P4T533-C (b/c I needed
something with RAID and a better onboard audio to free up some PCI slots),
and so far, the P4P800 Dlx has not been a disappointment.

I use the onboard firewire, Gigabit LAN, Via RAID controller (running a

mix
of RAID 0 and 2 independent disks), audio, 4 USB ports, with 4 of the 5

PCI
slots filled. Using 1 Gig of Winbond CH-5 ram (2x512 PC3200) in DDR400
setup. Haven't tried the AGP8X video yet (I still like my Matrox G400Max
DualHead).

There's nothing about the board that I dislike. Stable and quick.

Des

Old June 23rd 03, 04:48 AM
DCWhitty

"Cliff" wrote in message
u...
Great to hear that your G400Max works in this board. Wasn't too sure if

it
would work, but you've answer that . thx

No prob. The G450 eTV actually runs great in this board as well. Went back
to the G400Max to run DualHead on 2 monitors.

Old June 23rd 03, 07:26 AM
GMAN

In article , "res07mnf" wrote:
I have the p4p800 deluxe w/ P4 800fsb and I'm having a problem with the agp
slot, its showing up as a 4x slot at 3.3v, I'm getting a replacement from
micro pro after talking to their tech as well as Asus tech. Has anyone else
here used the Asus PC Probe software? thats where its showing the agp slot
properties as 3.3v and 4x I'm using a ATI 9600 pro card. thanks. dagmastr

Its that retarded Asus probe. I tried asus probe myself and it misreports both
the cpu temp and the AGP voltage. Its impossible for the AGP slot to use 3.3
volts since the slot is incapable of using or providing that voltage.

Motherboard monitor or Sisoft Sandra report the correct voltage. You sent the
board back for no reason
Old July 1st 03, 12:07 AM
Wolfram Riedel

Am Mon, 30 Jun 2003 um 21:35 GMT Jon schrob:
2. I would also like to be able to turn the machine on by either the
keyboard or the mouse. I have enabled both options in the BIOS but
neither works. Which key strokes turn on the machine? How does the
mouse turn on the machine? Any help here would be great.

this is said to be fixed in bios version 1008

--

Dieses Posting wurde mit Hilfe eines artgerecht gehaltenen, gluecklichen
und freilaufenden Pinguin erstellt und erfolgreich versendet.