All in Wonder on Vista, never

Old February 6th 07, 02:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

Default All in Wonder on Vista, never

I am waiting for multimedia compatibility, for all the All-in-Wonders I have
purchased over the years, before I purchase Vista.

"...never happening, sorry you spent all that money, because those products
are no longer supported, Suckers!..."

Well, I guess I am never purchasing ATI or Windows Vista. Screw you too,
ATI and Microsoft!
Old February 6th 07, 04:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Marcel Overweel

schreef in bericht
I am waiting for multimedia compatibility, for all the All-in-Wonders I

have
purchased over the years, before I purchase Vista.

"...never happening, sorry you spent all that money, because those

products
are no longer supported, Suckers!..."

Well, I guess I am never purchasing ATI or Windows Vista. Screw you too,
ATI and Microsoft!

Why Vista?
I'd say, keep Vista where it is: in the stores!

Always upgraded to the latest OS myself.
Won't do that anymore.
Vista doesn't add anything for me.
It just makes my PC slower.

regards,
Marcel

Old February 6th 07, 04:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Campbell

Marcel Overweel wrote:

Why Vista?
I'd say, keep Vista where it is: in the stores!

Always upgraded to the latest OS myself.
Won't do that anymore.
Vista doesn't add anything for me.
It just makes my PC slower.

regards,
Marcel

Yeah, I tried Vista 64. That won't actually install. So tried Vista 32.
That will install, but the ATI drivers are so bad they won't even extend
desktop over multiple screens yet. So back to good 'ole XP...
Old February 6th 07, 04:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Custom Computers

On Feb 6, 11:33 am, Campbell wrote:
Marcel Overweel wrote:
Why Vista?
I'd say, keep Vista where it is: in the stores!

Always upgraded to the latest OS myself.
Won't do that anymore.
Vista doesn't add anything for me.
It just makes my PC slower.

regards,
Marcel

Yeah, I tried Vista 64. That won't actually install. So tried Vista 32.
That will install, but the ATI drivers are so bad they won't even extend
desktop over multiple screens yet. So back to good 'ole XP...

Strange, when I tried the Vista Beta's both 32 and 64 bit versions I
had no problems with running two monitors. My problem was no working
sound driver for the Beta2 version. But I see no reason to move to
Vista now its out in the stores. Support for XP is going to run thru
09 so only after it ends will I even look at Vista again.

Old February 6th 07, 06:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ted F

Me too!

I will never buy any other ATI graphic video cards again and also will
never, ever buy VISTA. Staying with XP and some other graphic video card.
ATI stinks!!!

Old February 6th 07, 08:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Bill

In article , news1
@katxyzkave.net says...
On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 18:33:46 GMT, "Ted F" wrote:

Me too!

I will never buy any other ATI graphic video cards again and also will
never, ever buy VISTA.

I'm SURE AMD and MS are SO sorry to see you go...

Bill Gates was reported to be on the verge of tears.
AMD has not replied to inquiries at this time.
More news at eleven.

Bill
--
Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.
Old February 7th 07, 12:54 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
JamesH

"The Kat" wrote in message
On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 18:33:46 GMT, "Ted F" wrote:

Me too!

I will never buy any other ATI graphic video cards again and also will
never, ever buy VISTA.

I'm SURE AMD and MS are SO sorry to see you go...

This sig censored by the Office of Home, Land & Planet Insecurity...

Remove XYZ to email me

Isn't it strange when people have older technology and get angry when
support falls off on the item? Steam power is not support either, Damn I
hate those guys for that.

Old February 7th 07, 03:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Barry Watzman

While there are AIW cards that go back to about 1995, I just bought my
AIW 2006 PCI Express card a few months ago. There should be Vista
support for products that were still being made & sold in 2006.

Old February 7th 07, 03:54 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ted F

I don't consider my ATI 2006 AIW agp that old, I just bought it 3 months
ago. ATI/AMD say it's vista ready, but, only the video graphics part, NOT
the TV tuner that comes with it.

So what good is it? If you can't use it all.

Old February 7th 07, 07:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Tom Lake

"Ted F" wrote in message
t...
I don't consider my ATI 2006 AIW agp that old, I just bought it 3 months
ago. ATI/AMD say it's vista ready, but, only the video graphics part, NOT
the TV tuner that comes with it.

So what good is it? If you can't use it all.

You can't use it - YET. ATI has said they will be coming out with drivers
for the AIWs that let you use the TV portion.

Tom Lake