Got the Adware from hell, Rant

Old August 4th 06, 03:00 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Joe

Default Got the Adware from hell, Rant

I would love to run into the ass wipe that wrote the adware I have on my
computer right now. I would inflict a slow and painful death on him, video
taping the entire long drawn-out tortuous event then send it to Dateline, 60
minutes, 20/20 and all the rest. I would not even worry about being
prosecuted for murder as I know if I could just get one person on my jury
that has ever had a virus or had their computer taken over by adware the
best the prosecution could ever hope for would be a hung jury.Among other
things I would cut this persons testicles off and make him eat them.
I am not a novice computer user, I do not open email attachments from
unknown sources, do not click on links without having a good Idea where they
go, I run up to date virus software, up to date Spyware detection and have
still managed to get the adware from hell. I keep getting sent to an ad for
antispyware soldier. This is extortion they put the problem there and want
me to pay for its removal which would likely not even remove it but add yet
even more problems.
These Sons of Bitches that write this software need to be tortured to
death on national TV. If that were done enough times maybe this crap would
cease. Why would anyone smart enough to write this crap choose to do this as
instead of just a legitimate job programming where they could make good
money.

Joe

Old August 4th 06, 03:30 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Joe wrote:
[...]

Do you want advice on removing this infection, or is this just a rant?

So: if it's the former. What antivirus/antispyware program(s) are you
using?
And what, if any steps have you taken to remove the infection?

Old August 4th 06, 03:55 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Joe

Mostly just a rant as I am rebuild the entire system in the morning anyway
thanks to AMDs price cuts. I am upgrading from a barton core XP2800 to an
AM2 X2 3800. I am running Mcafee antivurs and Spyware Sweeper and this
adware managed to get past both updated versions. Arrrgg!
Joe
wrote in message
ups.com...

Old August 4th 06, 05:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Yugo

Joe wrote:

Mostly just a rant as I am rebuild the entire system in the morning anyway
thanks to AMDs price cuts. I am upgrading from a barton core XP2800 to an
AM2 X2 3800. I am running Mcafee antivurs and Spyware Sweeper and this
adware managed to get past both updated versions. Arrrgg!

Mainly that you're upgrading your system, maybe you should give Linux a try.
It wouldn't solve all your problems, but probably more than 99.99% of them.

Of course, price is a limiting factor Some people like to pay more, then
get bugged by MS everytime they upgrade their system. Finally, it's all about
how simple you want life to be.

Old August 4th 06, 06:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Ken Maltby

"Yugo" wrote in message
Joe wrote:

Mostly just a rant as I am rebuild the entire system in the morning
anyway thanks to AMDs price cuts. I am upgrading from a barton core
XP2800 to an AM2 X2 3800. I am running Mcafee antivurs and Spyware
Sweeper and this adware managed to get past both updated versions.
Arrrgg!

Mainly that you're upgrading your system, maybe you should give Linux a
try. It wouldn't solve all your problems, but probably more than 99.99% of
them.

Of course, price is a limiting factor Some people like to pay more,
then get bugged by MS everytime they upgrade their system. Finally, it's
all about how simple you want life to be.

Ah yes, simple like not having to decide from amongst a
large number of programs. Or did you mean simple like
having to compile your own drivers (if you can find the info
available for whatever it is that needs the driver.).

OP, just what was this "Adware from hell"? If you Google
it (or the program that it runs from) you should find some
returns that describe the problem you found and how to
fix/remove it.

Luck;
Ken

Old August 4th 06, 07:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Cronzor

Heh....You have no idea how many times I've felt the same way. Even
those of us with nazi protection settings get hit once in awhile.
Almost makes me want to get a job where I can put these people to
justice. I have a feeling nothing gets done...

Old August 4th 06, 12:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
CK

Ken Maltby wrote:
"Yugo" wrote in message
Joe wrote:

Mostly just a rant as I am rebuild the entire system in the morning
anyway thanks to AMDs price cuts. I am upgrading from a barton core
XP2800 to an AM2 X2 3800. I am running Mcafee antivurs and Spyware
Sweeper and this adware managed to get past both updated versions.
Arrrgg!

Mainly that you're upgrading your system, maybe you should give Linux a
try. It wouldn't solve all your problems, but probably more than 99.99% of
them.

Of course, price is a limiting factor Some people like to pay more,
then get bugged by MS everytime they upgrade their system. Finally, it's
all about how simple you want life to be.

Ah yes, simple like not having to decide from amongst a
large number of programs.

You mean like the 18,876 packages I have available at the click of a
mouse in Synaptic? Or do you mean the 100,000 projects on SourceForge?
No, sorry, there's no software available for Linux...

Or did you mean simple like
having to compile your own drivers (if you can find the info
available for whatever it is that needs the driver.).

I've been using Ubuntu Linux for about 18 months now. Never had to
compile a driver, or anything like it. Have you even used Linux? If not,
perhaps you ought to just keep your mouth shut...?

CK
Old August 4th 06, 01:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Lee Babcock

Joe wrote:
I would love to run into the ass wipe that wrote the adware I have on my
computer right now. I would inflict a slow and painful death on him, video
taping the entire long drawn-out tortuous event then send it to Dateline, 60
minutes, 20/20 and all the rest.
Joe

My old granny would have suggested pounding on the b..ls with a
teaspoon, until they bleed to death! vbg
Regards
Lee
Old August 4th 06, 04:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
WindsorFox

Ken Maltby wrote:
"Yugo" wrote in message
Joe wrote:

[...]

Step out of the 80's man, SuSE will find and dlownload drivers
automatically. It's easier than Windows and the support is backed by
Novell. Gaming on the other hand is a problem.

--
I used to have abs. Now, I've just got ab.
One big ol' Ab. - BigSkiff www.titanspot.com

Pyongyang sounds more like the sound effect an ACME catapult makes
as it goes off at precisely the wrong moment for Wile E. Coyote. -
Cadbury Moose
Old August 4th 06, 07:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Yugo

Ken Maltby wrote:
"Yugo" wrote in message

Joe wrote:

Mostly just a rant as I am rebuild the entire system in the morning
anyway thanks to AMDs price cuts. I am upgrading from a barton core
XP2800 to an AM2 X2 3800. I am running Mcafee antivurs and Spyware
Sweeper and this adware managed to get past both updated versions.
Arrrgg!

Mainly that you're upgrading your system, maybe you should give Linux a
try. It wouldn't solve all your problems, but probably more than 99.99% of
them.

Of course, price is a limiting factor Some people like to pay more,
then get bugged by MS everytime they upgrade their system. Finally, it's
all about how simple you want life to be.

Ah yes, simple like not having to decide from amongst a
large number of programs.

It's true that the whole Debian comes on only 13 CDs...

Or did you mean simple like
having to compile your own drivers

Big problem:

../configure
make
make install

and, in a minute, you have your driver. But I never had to do that...

No question, you're much better staying in the good care of a monopoly, mainly
that, as WindsorFox points out, gaming is not Linux's strong point. (Though
somes games also have a version for Linux -- such as Quake, I believe -- and
Wine might succeed in running some Windows games. I don't know.) There's so
much to be learned from games, no wonder Windows advocates like them so much.
All the gamers I know are real big brains.

Anyway, this is not a Linux advocacy group. It was just a suggestion I made to
get out of adware hell.