Only half of my files were shown

Old September 8th 04, 12:40 AM
Wishy13764

Default Only half of my files were shown

I have XP Home and a cd-rw Samsung burner. I was trying tomake a copy of jpgs
with a few video clips and 1 mp3. I first made all these available on another
drive. Then I went to cd burn in XP and copied them to a blank cd-rw disk. It
took about 23 minutes to copy of 425 files. Once done, I inserted the disk into
my dvd player which is attached to my 55" inch screen. When I got to about 200
viewing, the cd stopped. None of my video clips ( AVI ) files were shown, only
the 1 mp3 did, and none of the remaining 200 files were shown. Is this normal?
How can i get to view all of those files on my tv? Also why are my avi files
shown as video clip in the directory..why not avi? I did pick mixed for my dvd
player. When I look back at the directory of my cd disk that I burned, it
matches the files that I had copied from the other drive.
Old September 8th 04, 06:55 AM
Mike Richter

Wishy13764 wrote:

I have XP Home and a cd-rw Samsung burner. I was trying tomake a copy of jpgs
with a few video clips and 1 mp3. I first made all these available on another
drive. Then I went to cd burn in XP and copied them to a blank cd-rw disk. It
took about 23 minutes to copy of 425 files. Once done, I inserted the disk into
my dvd player which is attached to my 55" inch screen. When I got to about 200
viewing, the cd stopped. None of my video clips ( AVI ) files were shown, only
the 1 mp3 did, and none of the remaining 200 files were shown. Is this normal?
How can i get to view all of those files on my tv? Also why are my avi files
shown as video clip in the directory..why not avi? I did pick mixed for my dvd
player. When I look back at the directory of my cd disk that I burned, it
matches the files that I had copied from the other drive.

PLEASE read one of the usual references for the fundamentals of what
you're trying to do: the CD-R FAQ or the primer at my WWW site. Since
the topics you raise are complex and are written in detail in the
references, I'll be brief.

You have written files to your disc. Your DVD player has no idea what to
do with the files unless the disc is formatted to work with them. The
files are there, but they are meaningless to the drive. (Exception: the
MP3, which many DVD players know how to handle.) Since you don't have a
computer on that DVD player, it cannot interpret an AVI; you must write
it as a VCD, SVCD or Mini-DVD with a suitable application to make it
usable. Similarly, you can write your JPGs as a slide show in VCD or
SVCD format - either of which may play in your machine or may not;
Mini-DVD is supported by only a few DVD players.

Note: In my tests of VCD, both slide show and video, different players
have handled menuing quite differently. One provided a DVD-type menu,
one a rather odd screen which pretended to be a menu but only allowed
the disc to be played through, another which made no pretense of menuing
but played through the disc. Of course, several did not recognize the
VCD at all.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old September 8th 04, 07:05 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a LIBEL )
( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )
'

Wishy13764 wrote:

I have XP Home and a cd-rw Samsung burner. I was trying tomake a copy of jpgs
with a few video clips and 1 mp3. I first made all these available on another
drive. Then I went to cd burn in XP and copied them to a blank cd-rw disk. It
took about 23 minutes to copy of 425 files. Once done, I inserted the disk into
my dvd player which is attached to my 55" inch screen. When I got to about 200
viewing, the cd stopped. None of my video clips ( AVI ) files were shown, only
the 1 mp3 did, and none of the remaining 200 files were shown. Is this normal?
How can i get to view all of those files on my tv? Also why are my avi files
shown as video clip in the directory..why not avi? I did pick mixed for my dvd
player. When I look back at the directory of my cd disk that I burned, it
matches the files that I had copied from the other drive.

VCD, SVCD, DVD Newbie beginners guide
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/94288.php

How to convert to DVD MPEG2
http://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?...lect=4;10#4;10