O.T. Option on Firefox???

Old September 30th 05, 06:27 PM
J.Lef

Default O.T. Option on Firefox???

Sorry if off topic post. I use firefox mozilla as my browser,
using google as my start page.
What I cant figure out how to do, is to erase the search history.
(Not the page history)
So, If I start to do a search and start typing in GA for
example, it starts to show in a pull down menu, all previous searches
starting with g and a.
So, does anyone know if there is an option screen on this. I have
not been able to see it, or maybee I am just missing it.

Much regards Jerry

Old October 2nd 05, 05:37 AM
VManes

Right click the Google icon in the searchbar in Firefox, select Clear
History

You can clear it one item at a time by pressing shift-delete, the
highlighted search term is deleted. - This works in the FireFox search bar
and in the main Google web page

For clearing the Google page search history:

Go to the “Tools” menu
1.. Select “Options”
2.. Select the “Privacy” tab
3.. Within the “Saved Form Information” area:
a.. To clear the current history, click on “Clear”
b.. To disable this feature entirely, uncheck the “Save information I
enter in web page forms and the search bar”
Note that this will affect all saved forms information, not just Google.

Val

Of course, you could have used Google to find all this out.

--
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
When all else fails - RTFM!

Old October 2nd 05, 01:27 PM
J.Lef

Note that this will affect all saved forms information, not just Google.

Val

Thanks much appreciated.