recording music

Old January 6th 09, 08:52 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tony[_9_]

Default recording music

How do I record music onto a gx 270. Insert blank CD, download music, then
what?

Old January 6th 09, 10:02 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
William R. Walsh[_2_]

Hi!

How do I record music onto a gx 270. Insert blank CD,
download music, then what?

First: Please imagine that this is a polite suggestion to obtain your
music legally. In this imagined suggestion, you would be urged to buy
your music from a reputable store that doesn't install malicious
software on your computer or subject you to a lawsuit from any of the
Mighty Music Companies of the world. Because you know that artists
wouldn't make any money if you downloaded all their music, you would
want to do this so as to encourage them to keep the little bit they
get as inspiration to continue producing music. You can now stop
imagining. :-)

Second: Once you have your music, you'll need to figure out if it's
just a collection of loose files, or if you are actually using a
player (like iTunes, Windows Media Player or WinAmp) to manage it.

If you have a music player that keeps track of all of your music, it
probably has CD burning functionality built into it. Check the help
system to find out how to use it. Chances are you can burn a CD in a
couple of different formats--as an audio CD that will play in any CD
player, as an MP3 CD, or as a CD that contains a random bunch of files
in whatever format you download music in. Most of the time you will
build a playlist from a master library that contains all your songs
and then click a button to burn the playlist to a disc.

If you have only a loose collection of files, you need something that
can burn them to disc. If you're going to use another computer or a
device that can play files like MP3/WMA/AAC, Windows XP and newer have
support for burning these files directly to CD. This support is plenty
good enough if your player can cope with MP3/WMA/AAC CDs.

If on the other hand you need to burn an audio CD that's playable in
any audio CD player (like would be attached to a stereo system or in a
boombox), or if you don't have Windows XP or newer, you will need CD
burning software to do this. Some free choices exist, like CDBurnerXP.

In short: You need to take an inventory of what you actually have on
your computer before you can go much further. You might already have
everything you need...so check to see if you've got:

A) a CD burner
B) a music management program that may have CD burning built in
C) CD burning software (if you don't have a music manager, or your
music is not being managed)

You should also determine what you want to play the music on...is it a
stereo, a boombox, car radio or another computer?

William
Old January 7th 09, 02:51 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 15:52:46 -0500, "Tony" wrote:

How do I record music onto a gx 270. Insert blank CD, download music, then
what?

Google "software for burning music cd's". Different software can
handle different formats like mps, flac, wma, etc.. while some can
handle multiple formats. You might want to try different software and
see which you feel most comfortable with.
Old January 7th 09, 03:23 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_2_]

Tony wrote:
How do I record music onto a gx 270. Insert blank CD, download music, then
what?

Well, the free and easy to use CDBurnerXP has choices for burning both
audio and data. But if your goal is to burn music onto a CD so you can
listen to it with a non-computer CD player like an older Sony walkman or
a CD player in a car, you have to convert the presumed MP3s you
downloaded into audio tracks, then burn the audio tracks onto a CD.

So download and install a free copy of FreeRIP, which converts MP3s to
audio tracks playable on a CD player:

http://www.freerip.com/

My son had this problem with some music he composed, arranged, and mixed
as MP3s. And then we wondered why he could not play is music in his
car. FreeRIP solved the problem... Ben Myers
Old January 7th 09, 05:35 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
FXDL LowRider

I bought a ground loop isolator from TigerDirect.com which came with
software.
The software records and edits. I can record from any source. I can
record from
a radio for hours, then go back and edit into individual tracks. I can
remove all
unwanted conversation and or commercials. Ground loop gets rid of all
the humming
in the system....
Ron

Old January 7th 09, 01:10 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
WSZsr

Windows Media Player 11 does the same thing.

"Ben Myers" wrote in message

So download and install a free copy of FreeRIP, which converts MP3s to
audio tracks playable on a CD player:

http://www.freerip.com/

My son had this problem with some music he composed, arranged, and mixed
as MP3s. And then we wondered why he could not play is music in his car.
FreeRIP solved the problem... Ben Myers

Best soundcard for recording stereo music? Steven Spits General 1 August 4th 06 12:05 AM
Recording music in general James O'Riley Cdr 5 May 16th 06 06:03 AM
recording music question Roger Creative Sound Blaster Cards 0 September 8th 04 11:48 PM
Recording Music Ed and Hazel Horak Cdr 2 August 3rd 04 08:55 AM
Music-Recording problems garco PC Soundcards 2 June 26th 04 11:27 PM