Sticky CD ROMS ... ?

Old November 24th 03, 04:31 PM
Bernard Rother

Default Sticky CD ROMS ... ?

Hi there, I've one lock of hair left, the rest I've pulled.
My Win 98 SE system crashed on Thursday. Data was backed up. Did a

format,
1st in 6 years. Reinstalled Win98SE and mobo drivers, video drivers etc

then
the apps. Everything was working slick. Installed PowerDVD from original
disk, then Windows Media Player 9.0 then original Nero 5.5.9.9.

Then I installed the demo of Nero 6.0.

Explorer finds the LG writer, Sony DVD & 50x reader ... all super quick,

no
problems.

The system stalls whenever PowerDVD, Media Player or Nero have to access

the
rom drives. I click on one of these apps then the cursor freezes, no HDD
activity for about 30-40 seconds. Cursor can then move. Click the play
button on PowerDVD, freezes again for about 15 seconds.

Once it's going there is no problem, can select menus from dvd, scenes

etc.

Problem only arises when initialising the programs.

Reloaded Win98SE over itself, Via 4in1 drivers, uninstalled &

reinstalled
programs which use the cd roms. Ran latest NAV. Ran Power Defrag for
registry etc .... all to no avail. Even installed latest aspi drivers

from
Adaptec's site.

Apart from that the system is a dream to work with .....

Any ideas you can throw at me will be really appreciated

Remove REMOVE.THIS from email address to reply direct.

Later..
Just ran Nero Toolkit.
Says Nero ASPI is ok.
System ASPI has missing aspi and shows: wnaspi32.dll 4.6 (10 Dec 2001 )
Apix.VXD 4.6 ( 10 Dec 2001 ) & Winaspi.dll 1.0 (23 April 1999)

The drivers I got from Adaptec were aspi_v470.exe

Have since replaced WMP 9.0 with Win98SE WMP. and thats working ok now but
not Nero & PDVD.

Old November 24th 03, 08:52 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes! )

Bernard Rother wrote:

[...]

Uninstall Nero, run Nero Clean Tool.
http://www.nero.com/us/ns4_631940828445001.html

Check out (S11) of KCK's InCD troubleshoot guide on removing WMP9 burn
plugin:
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9597

Install aspi 4.60 with ForceASPI:
http://aspi.radified.com/

After reboot, install Nero.
Old November 25th 03, 03:20 PM
Bernard Rother

Bernard Rother wrote:

[...]

Aw man .... your suggestions panned out great. I did all the above now she's
running sweet as the day she was born. Nero is slick as oil again.

Any suggestions on how to get my wife to match the above status ???

Thanks again.

Old November 25th 03, 09:00 PM
smh

Bernard Rother wrote:

Uninstall Nero, run Nero Clean Tool.
http://www.nero.com/us/ns4_631940828445001.html

Check out (S11) of KCK's InCD troubleshoot guide on removing WMP9 burn
plugin:
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9597

Install aspi 4.60 with ForceASPI:
http://aspi.radified.com/

After reboot, install Nero.

Aw man .... your suggestions panned out great. I did all the above now she's
running sweet as the day she was born. Nero is slick as oil again.

Any suggestions on how to get my wife to match the above status ???

Take her to a hot spa. G
Old November 27th 03, 02:34 AM
Li'l Roberto

Aw man .... your suggestions panned out great. I did all the above now
she's
running sweet as the day she was born. Nero is slick as oil again.
Any suggestions on how to get my wife to match the above status ???
Thanks again.

|Bernard

IME They can't resist flowers and chocolates grin

rgds
Li'l Roberto

Old November 27th 03, 08:55 AM
Bernard Rother

"Li'l Roberto" wrote in message
Aw man .... your suggestions panned out great. I did all the above now

she's
running sweet as the day she was born. Nero is slick as oil again.
Any suggestions on how to get my wife to match the above status ???
Thanks again.

|Bernard

IME They can't resist flowers and chocolates grin

rgds
Li'l Roberto

Nooooooo, no chocolates ..... pleeeease, flowers maybe ;-)

smh's idea is a bit more appropriate .. the hot spa .. I met her over 16
years ago but now she's trying to compete with The Michelin Man. All food
and no exercise. That seems to have been the case with most of my buddies
........ as soon as they get married they plug in the air hose.

Bernard

DVD films and roms crash system Joe Bloggs Abit Motherboards 1 January 31st 04 03:52 PM
Sticky badges on cases? MakaveliSouljah Homebuilt PC's 8 October 13th 03 01:05 AM
Old Lite-on sticky drawer Fishface Cdr 2 July 6th 03 05:03 AM
sticky Rob Homebuilt PC's 0 June 28th 03 04:09 AM
Two CD ROMs Phisherman Homebuilt PC's 3 June 26th 03 02:42 AM