Greased Pigs

Old July 27th 18, 10:37 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Greased Pigs

https://renewablelube.com/

Mine's front and centre, 3rd from left, in the white container.

Commercial grade, or otherwise something that wouldn't be commonly
found.

High-temperature breakdown rating, at the time I bought for a
rotisserie oven in mind, or consequently food safe. Interesting stuff
for a vegetative base.

Packed a self-contained (without grease fittings) but squealing pulley
sleeve with this lubricant, and appears to have a pretty good feel
from usage, that it's going to hold a functional lubricity. For as
much an afterthought after several trials from lighter and penetrating
oils which failed to meet the application, including up to motor oil.
Solid axle grease was next, and well may have worked, but by then I'd
come to realize I'd also need to meet conditions for innocuous indoor
usage and potential skin contact.

A lubricant which as well looks suited for an alternative to try when
attempting to rebuild fan rotor anchors. Something I tend do once
they're locked, with varied mileage for some that rebuild nicely,
while others are relegated and tossed.
Old July 27th 18, 11:51 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
wasbit[_5_]

Flasherly wrote in
:

https://renewablelube.com/

Mine's front and centre, 3rd from left, in the white container.

Snip

Which page is that on?

--
Regards
wasbit

Old July 27th 18, 03:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Fri, 27 Jul 2018 10:51:57 +0000 (UTC), wasbit
wrote:

Flasherly wrote in
:

https://renewablelube.com/

Mine's front and centre, 3rd from left, in the white container.

Snip

Which page is that on?

Presumably, the same page that's still legally binding reading
material, unless it's fake news since the world was reinstated as flat
by Trump.

https://renewablelube.com/news/
"[...]environmental regulations for vessels operating in US coastal
waters and Great Lakes. The legislation states that environmentally
acceptable lubricants[...]".
Old July 27th 18, 04:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Cows Are Nice

On 07/27/2018 02:37 AM, Flasherly wrote:
https://renewablelube.com/

Worth bookmarking, fits with others in my Workshop folder.
I'd like to have some Tungsten Disulfide, supposedly the very best stuff
for burnishing into the pores of, for example, camshaft lobes when
rebuilding your engine.

Tungsten has the highest vapor pressure of any metal! We love tungsten.

My *favorite* lubricant has to be Castor Oil. When I get a whiff of
burning castor, it takes me back, to my Hodaka almost 50 years ago.

Old July 27th 18, 04:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Cows Are Nice

On 07/27/2018 08:17 AM, Cows Are Nice wrote:
On 07/27/2018 02:37 AM, Flasherly wrote:
https://renewablelube.com/

Worth bookmarking, fits with others in my Workshop folder.
I'd like to have some Tungsten Disulfide, supposedly the very best stuff
for burnishing into the pores of, for example, camshaft lobes when
rebuilding your engine.

Tungsten has the highest vapor pressure of any metal! We love tungsten.

Lowest, of course.

My Tungsten Disulfide bookmark,

https://www.lowerfriction.com/produc...p?categoryID=1

Old July 27th 18, 09:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Fri, 27 Jul 2018 08:17:59 -0700, Cows Are Nice
wrote:

Worth bookmarking, fits with others in my Workshop folder.
I'd like to have some Tungsten Disulfide,

Many of the commercial specialty application lubricants listed,
besides, do cost hundreds of dollars. Their 14oz. tube I have is
priced at $11.

Static and unreactive to human contact, from a vegetable base it's
derived, it's effectively innocuous to indoor habitability. A
load-bearing lubricant, then, for my 45lb. Olympic barbell, which I'll
use when I pull and clean the collars for a fast, responsive, and
quiet spin under plate loads. Then in turn, so to speak, to walk
through sliding glass doors, from one carpeted room adjacent and into
the next, where the same lubricant, for all I know, may apply without
detriment to cleaning or conditioning a white leather couch.
Old July 28th 18, 04:53 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Fri, 27 Jul 2018 10:51:57 +0000 (UTC), wasbit
wrote:

Which page is that on?

http://renewablelube.com/store/index...product_id=132

It's been in the bottom of the refrigerator, in a crisper drawer, from
10 years ago, when I'd bought it from Amazon.