Old CCC v10.12 have temperature readings for a very old ATI AIW 9600 video card?

Old February 12th 14, 07:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant

Default Old CCC v10.12 have temperature readings for a very old ATI AIW 9600 video card?

I am trying to figure out if my very old office Windows XP Pro. SP2
PC's video card is getting too hot under heavy 3D screen usage since
it keeps corrupting my HDD data (already did a chkdsk and Memtest86+
and no problems). I can't find CCC's sensor readings like I see in my
home's XP Pro. SP3 PC. Does this video card not have one?

Whether it has one - and whether it's addressable - completely depend on the
OEM. If it's an ATI genuine then it *should* have one... Maybe find an old
copy of Aida and see if it tells you. Oh, wait.. If it's got one GPU-Z will
probably find it! Just pick stand alone version' rather than 'install' the
first time you double-click it.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Its sensors tab only showed two GPU clocks (Core and Memory). From
what I was told in other ATI/AMD forums, this ancient video card doesn't
have any temperature sensors.
--
Quote of the Week: "I think the ants are waking up -- they need to start
farming so..." --Erin from The Office (U.S.) S7E18 (Todd Packer).
Old February 13th 14, 12:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
~misfit~[_16_]

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ant wrote:
[...]

Oh well - I tried. :-/
--
/Shaun

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1).

Old February 13th 14, 03:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

On 2/13/2014 3:06 AM PT, ~misfit~ typed:

Oh well - I tried. :-/

Yea, thanks. So far, not running hot 3D does not corrupt my Windows XP OS.
--
"The evaluator counts the ants at the picnic of progress." --Mohan Singh
| |o o| |
Old February 13th 14, 10:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
~misfit~[_16_]

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ant wrote:
On 2/13/2014 3:06 AM PT, ~misfit~ typed:

Oh well - I tried. :-/

Yea, thanks. So far, not running hot 3D does not corrupt my Windows
XP OS.

Sweet! I have a few AGP cards in a box here that have got to the stage where
they're not worth the packaging up to sell and I no longer run gear that old
(other than a couple of bullet-proof ThinkPads). Alas, I'm in New Zealand or
I'd offer them to you. I've got a sweet little Gigabyte GV-R900c Pro / 64MB
that's been in several computers and never missed a beat and a Gainward GF
Ti4400 'Golden Sample' / 128MB likewise...

(I had a few later AGP cards but found that they don't live as long as these
beauties - maybe capacitor plague?)

Cheers,