It's thermal paste not thermal grease, n00b

Old August 5th 03, 08:17 PM
i'm_tired

Default It's thermal paste not thermal grease, n00b

SunnyB wrote:
rant
Thermal paste is a compound used on electronic components to help
transfer heat from the component to an attached heatsink. Plain,
simple, white thermal paste has been in use for twenty plus years.
Arctic Silver markets a form of thermal paste that contains a silver
oxide that supposedly conducts heat better because of the silver (?)
content.

Thermal grease is the thick petroleum based goop that is used on your
car to lubricate the wheel bearings. it has a high viscosity rating
needed to withstand the extreme temperatures produced by the friction
between bearings.

THE STUFF USED ON COMPUTER HEATSINKS IS NOT THERMAL GREASE.
IT'S THERMAL PASTE.
STOP ACTING LIKE A BUNCH OF LANGUAGE CHALLENGED NOOBS.
/rant

Hmm.

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definit...5872%2C00.html
http://www.coldcpu.com/product.asp?alphacatid=THERMGR
http://www.overclockers.com/topiclist/index26.asp
http://www.hardavenue.com/reviews/OCZqsilver.shtml
http://www.overclockers.com/articles660/
http://www.targetpc.com/hardware/cooling/greasewars3/
http://www.comready.com/thermalgrease.html
http://uk.startech.com/ststore/itemd...=topba ra.htm
http://www.bonuscable.com/default.php?cPath=15

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...thermal+grease

I really hate to point you to the fact that you are clueless, but it had to
be done. Think of it as an intervention. Next time you type anything
intended for public post, please check the distance between your foot and
your mouth.

Old August 6th 03, 07:29 AM
i'm_tired

SunnyB the stooooooopid hilbilly sister-****er wiped the rot of his
sisters crotch off his chin and went on sniffing his finger before blurting:
On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 19:17:38 GMT, "i'm_tired"

wrote:

snip
The only one clueless is you, jackoff.
You are probably one of these jerks that refer to thermal paste
(compound
see the first ****ing line) as thermal grease.

I don't give a good god-damn what you and these lame-ass pricks call
it.
Just because you can find it on Google doesn't make it correct.
I'm sure you can be found on Google, hence "not correct".

So, you would like me to beleive that you know more about the matter
referred to as 'thermal grease' than the fellows at overclockers.com or
maximum pc magazine or pc world magazine or websters friggin dictionary? Or
about.com or whatis.com or techweb.com or thermacore.com or or techware labs
ooooorrrrrrrrrrr

HOW ABOUT INTEL????!!!!
http://www.intel.com/design/pentium4...s/24920401.pdf or AMD??"?!!!!
http://makeashorterlink.com/?S19322185 .

Hopefully this is a public ****ing post.

Yup. You made a complete ass of yourself again in public on the same
subject. Turn off daddys computer and go down to the park and play with the
other hillbilly know-nothings.

Furthermore, the only distance from my foot that you should be
concerned
about is the one from your ass. If you care to calculate that, I'm in
Valdosta, Georgia.. Come get some. Unless you are too ****ing tired.

I am certainly too tired to wipe the snot from the nose of some 12 year old
hillbilly who just couldn't resist the lure of the pretty lights of daddy's
computer. and indeed I would hate to get my ass filthy from close proximity
to your toe-jam eating, finger-sniffing, slimy, unwashed, disgusting
hillbilly self, let alone physical contact with any defined parts, you nasty
little hillbilly *******.

You can go play now. Toddle off.

Old August 6th 03, 09:23 AM
J augley

SunnyB wrote:
[...]

So whats Thermal Interface material then?

thanks

a language-challenged noob

Old August 6th 03, 11:01 AM
rstlne

I think that's a generic term for "Anything" that provides a thermal
interface..
so the "thermal pads" and Artic Silver are both Thermal interfaces
right? heh

Old August 6th 03, 02:54 PM
J augley

Ahhh ok. Thx )

And thermonuclear global warfare?

Old August 6th 03, 06:15 PM
jaf

Wrong.
It's Thermal Interface Material.
And may be a compound, pad, paste, epoxy, polymer or others depending on the
properties.
http://www.chomerics.com/tech/heattr....htm#interface

See the pdf at the bottom of this page.
http://www.chomerics.com/tech/articles.htm

Now that both your feet are in your mouth, chomp down hard.

--

John

johnf202 at hotmail dot com

Old August 6th 03, 06:53 PM
Ben Pope

J augley wrote:
Ahhh ok. Thx )

And thermonuclear global warfare?

Radiation alone should be fine - you don't require a medium for any
"interfacing".

:-)

Ben