What's the difference with motherboards?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 21st 05, 02:35 AM
OM

Default What's the difference with motherboards?

I'm confused with the array of motherboards available.
What's the difference between a =A320 one and a =A3100+ one?
OK... I'd expect the more expensive one to have better capabilites.

But the thing is... there seem to be a million different motherboards
priced from =A340 - =A360: what's the big difference in these models.

OK... I do know a bit... like some motherboards are for Intel, while
others are for AMD??

BUT... even then... there seems to be a plethora of options available!

How do I choose?
What should I look out for?

Is a =A3100+ motherboard ever worth buying?
(Heck... I might as well buy a dual processor one for a bit more!)

I know about SATA - but even still, I'm confused about the number of
options available!!
Are there other things that are relevant?

Am I right in saying that the cheaper motherboards come with onboard
VGA and the more expensive ones don't?

AND... what makes should I go for when buying?
AND... which should I avoid!?

Any enlightenments would be helpful.

Thanks.

OM

Multiple motherboards not powering up Isaac Grover Homebuilt PC's 5 November 17th 04 08:27 PM
OK does RAID make a difference or not for non-servers? [email protected] General 5 May 31st 04 10:58 PM
PIII motherboards Bob General 13 April 3rd 04 04:34 AM
Who import SYNTAX motherboards? [ste parker] General 1 March 3rd 04 08:22 PM
Memory Difference? Smith General 2 December 8th 03 11:33 PM