6600GT and 1920 resolution

Old April 6th 05, 01:33 AM
J. Clarke

Benjamin Gawert wrote:

J. Clarke wrote:

While I second the recommendation for the nvidia decoder, its
performance doesn't have anything to do with making use of special
features of the Geforce GPUs. The reason I say that with such
confidence is that I use it with ATI boards, which, whatever else one
may say about them, most certainly do not have any special nvidia
features.

I think You mix something up. An Nvidia GPU doesn't make the Nvidia
Decoder faster, but the Nvidia Decoder is (at the moment at least) the
only software capable of using all the HDTV goodies of the Geforce 6600...

I'm curious--what are the HDTV goodies? If there's anything really good
there I might build a new machine.

Benjamin

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Old April 7th 05, 04:20 AM
clif

J. Clarke,

I also would like to know about the HDTV stuff. I just bought a 30"
HDTV and have the 6600 GT with 71.84 drivers and frankly, while
the HDTV looks good, the monitor part looks bad. I doubt if its the
Nvidia drivers - max res on the HDTV is 1280x768x32 which really
sucks for games (and text looks horrible too).
I'l be watching the responses you get, looking for tweaks/help/settings
whatever.

Thanks,
clif

Old April 7th 05, 05:53 AM
J. Clarke

clif wrote:

J. Clarke,

I also would like to know about the HDTV stuff. I just bought a 30"
HDTV and have the 6600 GT with 71.84 drivers and frankly, while
the HDTV looks good, the monitor part looks bad. I doubt if its the
Nvidia drivers - max res on the HDTV is 1280x768x32 which really
sucks for games (and text looks horrible too).
I'l be watching the responses you get, looking for tweaks/help/settings
whatever.

When you say it's an HDTV are you talking about a CRT or about an LCD? If
it's an LCD then what's the native resolution? That's what you have to run
at to get good computer output. If it's a CRT are you sure that it's
really HD and not an SD TV with digital inputs? A lot of those are sold as
"HD" when they really aren't, and you can't get good computer output on an
SD TV no matter what you do.

Thanks,
clif

Old April 7th 05, 03:02 PM
clif

Its a Westinghouse LTV-30w2 model
LCD screen.
native res: 1280x768 @60 Hertz
Compatable HD modes: 480i, 480P, 720P, and 1080i
HD test films look great, tested using all 4 modes above.
Just the PC screen res (1280x768x32) looks like $%^&.
Trying to decypher powerstrip now in hopes of getting
a better looking screen.

clif