Epson C82 stopped printing blue

Old November 22nd 03, 07:52 PM
Justin Case Jr.

Default Epson C82 stopped printing blue

No blue colour was printing. I changed the blue cartridge (ok, cyan) on
my C82, but it's still not printing blue colour. What kind of clog is
that and how do I get rid of it?

--
Justin Case Jr. * Remove this_ and make warm hot to send email *

Old November 22nd 03, 08:08 PM
Safetymom123

Have you run any cleaning cycles and nozzle checks. You will get longer
cleaning cycles if you do it from the utility menu of the printer. You may
need to do quite a few to get the color running again.

Old November 22nd 03, 10:30 PM
Justin Case Jr.

Safetymom123 wrote:
Have you run any cleaning cycles and nozzle checks. You will get longer
cleaning cycles if you do it from the utility menu of the printer. You may
need to do quite a few to get the color running again.

yes, about 6 times. Didn't help.
--
Justin Case Jr. * Remove this_ and make warm hot to send email *

Old November 22nd 03, 11:23 PM
Tony1that matters

"Justin Case Jr." wrote in message
No blue colour was printing. I changed the blue cartridge (ok, cyan) on
my C82, but it's still not printing blue colour. What kind of clog is
that and how do I get rid of it?

If the old cartridge wasn't entirely empty one solution is to inject it with
some Windex window cleaner and run a few print and then cleaning cycles with
the old cartridge in. That will clean crud and encrusted or dried ink from
within: as the ink fades you'll know it is working, and then swap back.
Tony
--
Inkylink JetTec UK Quality - Wot others wanna-be

Epson 950 C70/80/82 Lighfast pigmented inks. Canon
BCI-3 i750 BCI-6 S-820 / S-900 series.
www.aah-haa.com

Old November 22nd 03, 11:58 PM
Safetymom123

It can take more than 6 if it is badly clogged. After you have done 7-8 let
it sit until morning and try it again.

Old November 23rd 03, 11:55 AM
Justin Case Jr.

Safetymom123 wrote:
It can take more than 6 if it is badly clogged. After you have done 7-8 let
it sit until morning and try it again.

OK, run another 8 this morning. No change.

--
Justin Case Jr. * Remove this_ and make warm hot to send email *

Old November 26th 03, 08:01 PM
Viv

did you manage to fix it?
i seem to have the same problem but with black cartrige with my C44 Plus

Old November 27th 03, 08:25 PM
Justin Case Jr.

Viv wrote:
did you manage to fix it?
i seem to have the same problem but with black cartrige with my C44 Plus

Not yet. I've been using non-Epson cartridges, and after I complained to
the provider they sent me a new Epson cartridge which I recieved today.
I will have time to try that during weekend.

--
Justin Case Jr. * Remove this_ to send email *

Old November 27th 03, 10:35 PM
Viv

Viv wrote:
did you manage to fix it?
i seem to have the same problem but with black cartrige with my C44 Plus

Not yet. I've been using non-Epson cartridges, and after I complained to
the provider they sent me a new Epson cartridge which I recieved today.
I will have time to try that during weekend.

--
Justin Case Jr. * Remove this_ to send email *

same here i am using the non-Epson cartridges
im thinking of calling up epson but then i dont think they will consider my
complain since i didnt use their cartridges at the first place....