TRANSACTION BLASTER

Old July 25th 04, 09:25 PM
Tony Bennett

Default TRANSACTION BLASTER

Hi

What is this part 163808-001

TRANSACTION BLASTER LEVEL 3

L3 Cache Daughter Board for ProLiant Servers

and Rack-Mountables

Should I buy it - cheap?

says its for a 4500R which I have.

Any Guru with the knowledge?

Thanks

Tony
Old July 26th 04, 06:40 PM
NuTCrAcKeR

Transaction blaster is just a big-ass L3 cache. Its good for things like
databases. Your processor board has to support them. I think it gives you a
total of 3M L2 cache ....

how cheap is cheap ?

- LC

Old July 26th 04, 09:17 PM
Tony Bennett

NuTCrAcCPI wrote:

Transaction blaster is just a big-ass L3 cache. Its good for things like
databases. Your processor board has to support them. I think it gives you
a total of 3M L2 cache ....

how cheap is cheap ?

- LC

"Tony Bennett" wrote in message
Hi

What is this part 163808-001

TRANSACTION BLASTER LEVEL 3

L3 Cache Daughter Board for ProLiant Servers

and Rack-Mountables

Should I buy it - cheap?

says its for a 4500R which I have.

Any Guru with the knowledge?

Thanks

Tony

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d... STRK:MEWA:IT

Tony

Old July 27th 04, 01:59 PM
NuTCrAcKeR

you would want to get 1 for each processor board you have. Your machine will
support up to 4 processor boards. I dont think 1 TB will be much of a value.
But hey... its only 5 pounds ... what have you really got to lose ?

Old July 27th 04, 10:01 PM
Tony Bennett

NuTCrAcCPI wrote:

Transaction blaster is just a big-ass L3 cache. Its good for things
like databases. Your processor board has to support them. I think it
gives

you
a total of 3M L2 cache ....

how cheap is cheap ?

- LC

"Tony Bennett" wrote in message
Hi

What is this part 163808-001

TRANSACTION BLASTER LEVEL 3

L3 Cache Daughter Board for ProLiant Servers

and Rack-Mountables

Should I buy it - cheap?

says its for a 4500R which I have.

Any Guru with the knowledge?

Thanks

Tony

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d... STRK:MEWA:IT

Tony

Hi LC

I have 4 processors so need four cards, think I'll pass on it..

but I might just buy it and get a server with one proc just to have a play
with.....

Good excuse for YASB - yet another server box!

Thanks for the info

Tony