proliant 2500 and ATX psu

Old January 17th 04, 06:33 PM
Christer Solskogen

Default proliant 2500 and ATX psu

I`ve got a proliant 2500, and it makes to much noise. Only ATX Psu is for
sale now. is there some kind of a hack that could be used to the proliant
will power on with a atx psu?

--
Med vennlig hilsen / Best regards
Christer Solskogen

"Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend!"
-Spider Jerusalem

Old January 17th 04, 11:52 PM
nut cracker

I wouldnt chance it...

Watch ebay.... they have lots of stuff for the old proliants.

LC

newsan.2004.01.17.17.33.10.593000@SPAMBLOCK2000. online.no...

Old January 18th 04, 12:23 PM
Christer Solskogen

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 16:52:43 -0600, nut cracker wrote:

I wouldnt chance it...

Watch ebay.... they have lots of stuff for the old proliants.

Got any tips, then? Like, how to get my proliant to not make so much fsck
noise?

--
Med Vennlig Hilsen / Best regards
Christer Solskogen
http://carebears.mine.nu/~solskogen

When you're up to your nose in ****,
be sure to keep your mouth shut.

Old January 18th 04, 12:33 PM
Tony Bennett

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:33:14 +0100, Christer Solskogen wrote:

I`ve got a proliant 2500, and it makes to much noise. Only ATX Psu is for
sale now. is there some kind of a hack that could be used to the proliant
will power on with a atx psu?

Theres a PSU fab and an internal fan. Get the specs of the fans and
replace with top quality silent ones- PABST? - again try EBAY

Tony
Old January 18th 04, 06:36 PM
NuT CrAcKeR

nawwww, thats a feature. if you cant hear it... you know it isnt working.

look for a "3-banger" RPS PSU for the 2500/1600 models. they are nice, and
should run you about $35 ~ 50 US on ebay.

Bear in mind, this auction is mislabled. This unit will not work in an
1850... (the actual pluggable modules will.. .but not the whole thing)....

Buy it now for $40...

newsan.2004.01.18.11.23.47.697939@SPAMBLOCK2000. online.no...