Setting my bus speed

Old July 7th 04, 04:04 PM
Andy in NJ

Default Setting my bus speed

Hello. I just downloaded a tool that gives me a bunch of technical data on
my computer. From what I am reading, my motherboard is a VIA ProSavageDDR
KM266. This motherboard's bus speed is capable of 200/266mhz. According to
the tests, the current bus speed is 100mhz. Is there some way to change
this?

Old July 7th 04, 04:47 PM
Mike Walsh

Your bus is 100 Mhz but memory is clocked at 200 Mhz (Double Data Rate). If your CPU and memory will support the higher speed you can change the bus speed in the BIOS.

--

When replying by Email include NewSGrouP (case sensitive) in Subject

Mike Walsh
West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.
Old July 7th 04, 05:42 PM
Andy in NJ

"Mike Walsh" wrote in message

Your bus is 100 Mhz but memory is clocked at 200 Mhz (Double Data Rate).

If your CPU and memory will support the higher speed you can change the bus
speed in the BIOS.

After I posted, I found the manual for my motherboard. I found the jumper
for the bus speed. When I install my new DDR memory (just bought 2 gigs!),
I'll change the jumper to 133. I assume my PC2100 DDR 233mhz memory will
support the faster bus speed?

Old July 7th 04, 06:01 PM
Chris Stolworthy

"Andy in NJ" SHORECOGS at COMCAST DOT NET wrote in message
"Mike Walsh" wrote in message

Your bus is 100 Mhz but memory is clocked at 200 Mhz (Double Data Rate).

If your CPU and memory will support the higher speed you can change the

bus
speed in the BIOS.

After I posted, I found the manual for my motherboard. I found the jumper
for the bus speed. When I install my new DDR memory (just bought 2 gigs!),
I'll change the jumper to 133. I assume my PC2100 DDR 233mhz memory will
support the faster bus speed?

You are correct however it is Pc2100 266Mhz, as Mike stated before it is
double data rate or as we call it DDR. So you ram is actually 133X2=266.