Asus SP97-V and strange post/no post problem

Old February 14th 04, 01:25 PM
Olli Meckelburg

Default Asus SP97-V and strange post/no post problem

I'm trying to build the following system :

Asus SP97-V
AMD K6-2/400 AFQ
128MB (4x32MB) ram
200W AT psu
9.1GB+1.0GB scsi disk, scsi cd-rom
Adaptec 2940 scsi card
10Mbit 3com lan
etc.

And to the actual problem :

When I put the K6-2 in I can't get the system to post no matter what,
same goes for two other processors I've tried, a 300Mhz K6-2 AFR and a
233MHz Pentium MMX. But, when I put in an old Pentium 90MHz processor the
system posts and works flawlessly.

All processors have been verified as working in another system. For the
AMD processors and the MMX I've tried dual-plane voltages 2.1V-2.8V,
FSB:s from 50 to 75MHz and most multipliers. I've tried the 01008
official, the 010905 beta and the 0109v-j2 unofficial bioses. Tried 250W
ATX psu and removed all cards except video. And still the P90 is the only
one that gets the system to post.

Anyone know of more tricks to try? I'm already thinking that the m-b is
busted somehow because all non-working processors are dual-plane and the
P90 is the only single plane.

Olli Meckelburg