upgraded my processor from an AMD Duron 800 Processor to 2600

Old January 24th 04, 10:12 PM
niaxous

Default upgraded my processor from an AMD Duron 800 Processor to 2600

ASUS A7N8X
AMD Duron 800 Processor upgraded to 2600
Zalman CPNU 7000 Cooler
Elixir Memory 512MB DDR333 PC2700
1 Maxtor 40Gb HD
CD-RW
CD-DVD
Abit FX5200
Windows 2000

Hi,

I just changed upgraded my processor from an AMD Duron 800 Processor
to 2600
I have lockups and reboots with most of my apps and games.
I changed in the Bios the cpu speed from 100 to 166.
During the P.O.S.T it says 1912 Mhz instead of 2600+.

Do you have any clues because I don't and I don't want to re-install
the whole bloody thing.

Thanks for your future posts.

Niaxous
PS I also installed a new keyboard and mouse (drivers have been
installed)
Old January 29th 04, 12:44 PM
niaxous

DreamMaker wrote in message . ..
On 25 Jan 2004 02:02:17 -0800, (niaxous) wrote:

(niaxous) wrote in message . com...
[...]

I found the answer: I dropped the FSB from 166 to 133 = no problem anymore
Nevertheless I will start overclocking the machine to get some more power out of it.
Niaxous

Hi tha xp 2600 (the barton) runs at 166mghz and the curent power of
that cpu is 1914 so i guess that you did buy tha barton cpu.

chek it out with aida32.

try to put your bios at default and set up like so. then if it dont
works maybe your bios as little problem to handle the cpu update it to
the latess one and it should be fine.

cia

Thanks for your post
When I changed the FSB to 133 it gave me 2Ghz.
I phoned the shop and they are willing to change the CPU to a barton.
But I will buy myself a 2.8Ghz Barton an extra €50 ($50) so at least
I'll be sure of the performances.
The reason for this is to aquire an extra 512Mb ram for the Dual DDR
performance.
As I use this machine to display heavy game graphics and fluid
gameplay.
Niaxous
I ran the aida32