Print problem on A7N8X Deluxe 2.0

Old November 17th 03, 04:13 PM
dino

seems like an XP prob..because I have a similar issue..both machines under
98SE print /file share no prob..both now under XP Pro..file share..internet
is fine..no printing on secondary machine..did not matter OC'd or not..

Old November 18th 03, 01:44 AM
Tocapet

Default Print problem on A7N8X Deluxe 2.0

I'm trying to solve a printing problem. I have 2 computers both access the
internet thru a SpeedStream SS2604 router and cable modem. WinXP Pro on
both machines.
Both have no problem with internet connections, but only one can access the
printer attached to the port on the SS2604. The main computer is unable to
access the port. Wierd. Also, the main computer is running dual-boot and
it can access it thru Win98 but not thru XP. Might it be because I have
this thing OCed a bit? Barton core 2800 tweaked up to 400 fsb? Or is it
just a WinXP problem?? It's got me stymied here. Printer is an HP laserjet
5L. The second computer prints just fine. No other file or print sharing
going on between the 2 machines. Just internet and printing.

Any ideas??????????
Tocapet

Old November 18th 03, 09:15 PM
Tocapet

Already tried that. No, it's WinXP not seeing the printer via the parallel
port on the Router. The other computer sees it just fine.

"Peter Johnson" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:08:55 -0600, "Tocapet"
wrote:

So, do you know of a solution short of reinstalling XP?

Reinstall the printer driver?

Old November 20th 03, 12:48 AM
Arnie Berger

"Tocapet" wrote in message ...
I'm trying to solve a printing problem. I have 2 computers both access the
internet thru a SpeedStream SS2604 router and cable modem. WinXP Pro on
both machines.
Both have no problem with internet connections, but only one can access the
printer attached to the port on the SS2604. The main computer is unable to
access the port. Wierd. Also, the main computer is running dual-boot and
it can access it thru Win98 but not thru XP. Might it be because I have
this thing OCed a bit? Barton core 2800 tweaked up to 400 fsb? Or is it
just a WinXP problem?? It's got me stymied here. Printer is an HP laserjet
5L. The second computer prints just fine. No other file or print sharing
going on between the 2 machines. Just internet and printing.

Any ideas??????????
Tocapet

I'm using a networked HPLaserJet 4 with WinXP pro without any
problems. As I recall I had to do some network installation things to
get it to work. First thing to try is to ping it and see if you can at
least get to it at the lowest level. You'll need the IP address to do
this. Open a CMD window and type:

ping IP Address (enter)

You should get a reply from the printer. If not, you've got other
problems.

arnie