A: Mitsumi 4802TE cdr, winxp, nero, hangs on checking discs

Old July 10th 04, 01:49 PM
Soul8o8

Default A: Mitsumi 4802TE cdr, winxp, nero, hangs on checking discs

Yo!

If you're finding yourself burning a CD in Nero and your computer
hangs on "checking discs" and you more or less have to do a hardware
reboot and you have the Mitsumi 4802TE cdr then I might just have the
solution...

I downloaded the winxp firmware updater for the mitsumi 4802te:

http://members.driverguide.com/drive...driverid=77092

and then i tried to install, but it just gave me an error and said
that DMA have to be turned off. So i went to My
Computer-Manage-Device Manager-Primary ATA/ATAPI Controller-IDE
Channel 2(double click)-Advanced Settings-Device 0-Transfer
Mode-"PIO only"-OK (because my cdr sits on the second IDE channel
and is the first device on that channel)

then the firmware upgrade worked. when my computer had rebooted i set
the Transfer Mode back to "DMA if avaliable" and then I tried Nero -
didn't work - reboot - set Transfer Mode back to "PIO Only" - now it
works like a charm. So you might wanna try to just set the transfer
mode to "Pio only" on your cdr if it gives you trouble. Maybe the
firmware update was unecessary. (my cdr already had firmware 2.0
before the upgrade)

hope this helps

hi-5
/soul8o8