Does Nero CD-DVD Speed support CD-R discs?

Old April 23rd 04, 07:15 PM
Allen Weiner

Default Does Nero CD-DVD Speed support CD-R discs?

I downloaded Nero CD-DVD Speed Version 2.20 from www.cdspeed2000. It
functions normally for me for data CD-ROMS (e.g. Streets & Trips) and
for CD-RW discs. However it does not recognize previously written CD-R
discs. When run with a previously written CD-R disc, the "disc type"
and "length" reports on the CD-DVD Speed main screen remain blank
(instead of registering as "Data CD"). The "start" button is grayed
out. The "CD Info" button (which reports ATIP info) does function
for CD-R discs.

My OS is Windows ME. My burning software is Roxio EZCD and DCD. My
CDRW drive is LG CED-8080B.

Based on a response to my previous post to this newsgroup about CD-DVD
Speed, I downloaded from Nero wnaspi32.dll (Version 2.0.1.59) and
added it to the same folder as CD-DVD Speed.

I wish to run The Nero CD-DVD Speed "Scan Disc" test against CD-Rs
that I burn. Is this supported for CD-R discs?

Side note: When I run the Nero CD-DVD Speed "Scan Disc" test against
a data CD-ROM or a CD-RW disc, I get the message: "Warning: The drive
is unable to report damaged sectors". The surface scan result for the
"Streets & Trips" CD-ROM was 100% Damaged.(However Streets & Trips
runs fine with the CD). The surface scan result for one of my CD-RW
discs was 99.86% Good.