[CM] AMD growing again, thanks to Ryzen processors

Old July 11th 17, 01:04 PM posted to comp.misc,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
RS Wood

Default [CM] AMD growing again, thanks to Ryzen processors

From the «that chip needs a management engine» department:
Title: AMD reportedly takes 10% market share from Intel
Author: Thom Holwerda
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2017 06:10:33 -0400
Link: http://osnews.com/story/29898/AMD_re...are_from_Intel

AMD has reportedly gained 10.4 percentage points of CPU market share in the
second quarter of 2017. This makes it the largest x86 CPU market share gain in
the history of the Sunnyvale, California based chip maker against its much
larger rival Intel. The data is courtesy of PassMark's quarterly market share
report, which is based on the thousands of submissions that go through the
database in any given quarter. It's important to note that because PassMark's
market share data is based on benchmark submissions it counts actual systems in
use, rather than systems sold. It also does not include consoles or any
computer systems running operating systems other than Windows. With AMD's Ryzen
processors being the new hotness right now, I'd indeed expect benchmarking
sites to get more Ryzen submissions, even if it's not a 10% market share swing
in favour of AMD. That being said, it's clear that AMD is having an impact
right now, and as consumers, we should welcome this. I do dislike the fact that
the chart only has two lines to show. We'd be better off with more than just
two x86 chip makers, but alas.

--
Posting to comp.misc, sci.misc, and misc.news.internet.discuss
Old July 20th 17, 08:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Vince Coen[_2_]

Hello RS!

From the «that chip needs a management engine» department:
Title: AMD reportedly takes 10% market share from Intel
Author: Thom Holwerda
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2017 06:10:33 -0400
Link:
http://osnews.com/story/29898/AMD_re...rket_share_fro
[...]

but their 8 core cpu's are still only 4 real cores just the same as my
FX8350.

Poor value for money - I have not purchased any more AMD's since.

Vince

AMD Ryzen 7 Mr. Man-wai Chang Homebuilt PC's 1 February 26th 17 02:34 PM
250GB external HD - Acronis and growing file collection alo Storage (alternative) 3 March 1st 08 01:13 AM
TPM use growing YKhan General 0 June 23rd 05 11:05 PM
my pictures are growing billybob Printers 5 December 15th 04 03:20 PM
Problem with moss growing in my lawn. half_pint General 10 April 24th 04 05:52 PM