right cooler for Thunderbird 1000mhz on Asus A7V(kt133a)

Old August 2nd 04, 11:52 AM
iTuiTu

Default right cooler for Thunderbird 1000mhz on Asus A7V(kt133a)

Hi, my old and oryginal cooler on my AMD THunderbird 1000mhz is probably
'broken' and I need to buy sth new.

Current temperaturn on processor is around 61-63 degress C but just two
months ago it was aroun 57 C and that was right temperature for him for
last 1,5 year. Processor works on Asus A7V (kt133A).

So need to find sth possibly silient and effective - because I want to
work on standard 1000mhz so overclockin isn't issue.

Sorry - I know that my question is not for this group but who gonna now
better on coolers than Ya! ))

TAHNX for any help!

--
iTuiTu
Old August 2nd 04, 11:49 PM
Wes Newell

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 12:52:21 +0200, iTuiTu wrote:

Hi, my old and oryginal cooler on my AMD THunderbird 1000mhz is probably
'broken' and I need to buy sth new.

Only a sledge hammer might break the HS so I guess you mean the fan
stopped working. If it's froze up (hard to turn) then take it off, peel
the label off and oil the bearings with some light oil. Twirl it manually
a few times and then try it again. If that doesn't work, just get a new
fan.

Current temperaturn on processor is around 61-63 degress C but just two
months ago it was aroun 57 C and that was right temperature for him for
last 1,5 year. Processor works on Asus A7V (kt133A).

So need to find sth possibly silient and effective - because I want to
work on standard 1000mhz so overclockin isn't issue.

If you want a new quiet cooler, get a TR2-M1. 21db. About $10, will cool
any K7 cpu good.