Konica-Minolta 2300 Series (DL & W models) paper feed problems - anyone else had this?

Old September 7th 07, 02:25 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Trojan Hussar

Default Konica-Minolta 2300 Series (DL & W models) paper feed problems - anyone else had this?

I posted around a year ago regarding a paper feed problem with my
Konica Minolta 2300DL reporting phantom paper jams. Having picked up
the paper it didn't reach the second set of rollers quick enough and
reported a 'Paper Jam - Tray 1' error.

I was given a 2300W (the cheaper non-network and Windows only version
of the 2300DL) and this has now developed a similar fault, where the
paper arrives at the second roller too soon and is promptly folded
into pretty corrugated sheets. Sometimes these just jam, and
occasionally they emerge from the top all folded up but printed on.

Anyone else had similar problems?

Regards,
TH.

Old September 7th 07, 11:22 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony[_2_]

Trojan Hussar wrote:
I posted around a year ago regarding a paper feed problem with my
Konica Minolta 2300DL reporting phantom paper jams. Having picked up
the paper it didn't reach the second set of rollers quick enough and
reported a 'Paper Jam - Tray 1' error.

I was given a 2300W (the cheaper non-network and Windows only version
of the 2300DL) and this has now developed a similar fault, where the
paper arrives at the second roller too soon and is promptly folded
into pretty corrugated sheets. Sometimes these just jam, and
occasionally they emerge from the top all folded up but printed on.

Anyone else had similar problems?

Regards,
TH.

I seriously doubt that the paper can arrive "too soon", there is no way I can
conceive of that happening.
More likely is paper scrap somewhere in the registratiion area that is
partially impeding the paper moving through the printer, or a mechanical
problem with the roller drive. The paper scrap is the most likely cause.
Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Old September 9th 07, 12:00 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Trojan Hussar

I've cleaned the paper path and rollers and there would appear to be
no physical blockage, the fact that occasionally the paper does emerge
albeit folded very neatly would seem to suggest there is no actual
obstruction. The rollers are all free to move and there is no
significant build up of paper residue or apparent lack of lubricant.

Having got hold of the engineers manual on the 2300 series there seems
to be a an over abundance of information regarding 'timing errors'
unfortunately the engineers notes give the only solution as 'replace
system board' something for which Konica Minolta want the sum of £175
UKP. Seems a real shame since neither of these printers have done many
pages, the 2300DL died after two years having done just under 4500
pages the 2300W only has 13,000 pages on the clock. Konica-Minolta/QMS
obviously used to know how to make printers as I have a QMS Magicolor
2 DeskLaser under my desk which is still going strong after many many
thousand pages, it's just a shame I can't print from it under Linux...

Regards,
Jason.

On 7 Sep, 23:22, Tony wrote:
Trojan Hussar wrote:
[...]

MS MVP Printing/Imaging- Hide quoted text -

Old November 8th 09, 05:45 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
bgroicahn

Seems to be a very old thread. and MANY people with the same problem.
What is really happening is that the registration roller is stationary
and the paper is 'accordian' folded behind it. If you notice there is a
sensor just below the roller (clear plastic) where the paper is detected
and sent on to the transfer belt then fuser rollers. I'm not sure how
the sensor works but It seems to me that it is not properly indicating
the presense of the sheet as 'ready'. I think I'll disassembe the rest
of the printer looking for how it work this afternoon, maybe

Old December 10th 09, 09:11 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
charliemv

I too have had the same types of jams. First it was the paper tray
sensor - have to keep removing the paper and tapping the sensor lever.
That would then keep it happy for the session. Now, it needs to be
tapped every sheet. Not acceptable.

Second, the tray wouldn't rise up to allow the paper to feed. The
trick of tapping/banging the back left corner of the tray seems to work
- for the session. Probably loosens the solenoid moving parts so it can
work properly.

Third, once in a while the crumpled paper - not feeding at a later
position while still pushing from an earlier one. But hasn't happened
for a long time.

Fourth, media jam/transfer roller. This one I can't figure out. The
sensor levers (3 that I can find) seem to move fine. I've blown out
each area with air. But I'm always getting that error and the paper out
stops about 1/4" short and the color hasn't transferred properly
(because the process stops when the error is sensed?). This is for the
demo page. If I print the config page which is black and white, it
works fine, comes out, no error.

So it appears to me that the paper sensors have deteriorated somehow.
Is it dust? film? age?. They work sometimes and sometimes not. So they
haven't permanently failed. Seems like just not quite enough "signal"
in a analog sense.

I'd try wiping them with alcohol, but I can't easily get to the actual
led/sensor module to touch with a swab. Even the paper tray sensor
isn't accessable.

So, has anyone discovered why the sensors are intermittent? And how
you fix them?