GTX 295

Old January 31st 09, 03:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Timelord

Default GTX 295

I currently use a 9800GX2 but was wondering if the new GTX295 will be much
better overall to be worth the expense.
Here is a list of my current hardware.

Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 mobo
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5ghz
MSI Nvidia N9800GX2
8 gig of OCZ Reaper X HPC DDR3 PC 10666 1333ram
Coolermaster Real Power 1250watt PSU
Vista Ultimate 64bit

My current hardware plays all modern games well with very good frame rates
using high graphics settings.
It's a shame my mobo is Crossfire and not SLI.

Old January 31st 09, 04:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Memnoch

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 15:06:33 -0000, "timelord" wrote:

I currently use a 9800GX2 but was wondering if the new GTX295 will be much
better overall to be worth the expense.
Here is a list of my current hardware.

Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 mobo
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5ghz
MSI Nvidia N9800GX2
8 gig of OCZ Reaper X HPC DDR3 PC 10666 1333ram
Coolermaster Real Power 1250watt PSU
Vista Ultimate 64bit

My current hardware plays all modern games well with very good frame rates
using high graphics settings.
It's a shame my mobo is Crossfire and not SLI.

You are in pretty much the same situation as me. I will be waiting for the
next gen. of video cards but will probably get a new i7 upgrade (CPU,
motherboard and memory) before then.
Old January 31st 09, 05:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"timelord" wrote in message ...
I currently use a 9800GX2 but was wondering if the new GTX295 will be much
better overall to be worth the expense.
Here is a list of my current hardware.

Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 mobo
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5ghz
MSI Nvidia N9800GX2
8 gig of OCZ Reaper X HPC DDR3 PC 10666 1333ram
Coolermaster Real Power 1250watt PSU
Vista Ultimate 64bit

My current hardware plays all modern games well with very good frame rates
using high graphics settings.

Then what do you hope to accomplish by upgrading? If you've got
$500 burning a hole in your pocket, send it to me. :-)

Old January 31st 09, 06:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus[_4_]

"timelord" wrote in message
I currently use a 9800GX2 but was wondering if the new GTX295 will be much
better overall to be worth the expense.
Here is a list of my current hardware.

Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 mobo
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5ghz
MSI Nvidia N9800GX2
8 gig of OCZ Reaper X HPC DDR3 PC 10666 1333ram
Coolermaster Real Power 1250watt PSU
Vista Ultimate 64bit

My current hardware plays all modern games well with very good frame rates
using high graphics settings.
It's a shame my mobo is Crossfire and not SLI.

I think you should definitely upgrade and send me the 9800GX2 as payment for
this sage advice.....