GA-8KNXP & LianLi case front USB ports

Old September 26th 03, 03:09 AM
unbekannt

Default GA-8KNXP & LianLi case front USB ports

Hi,

Does anyone have experience connecting LianLi PC6070 case's 2 front USB
ports to the GA-8KNXP mobo?

The mobo diagram is not very clear to me:

F_USB1
************
2 10
+ + + + +
+ + + +
************

F_USB2
************
+ + + + +
+ + + +
1 9
************

LianLi case front USB has 9 pins, do I need an adapter connect them to the
mobo? Thanks.

Old September 26th 03, 06:54 AM
GTD

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:09:10 -0500, unbekannt
wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone have experience connecting LianLi PC6070 case's 2 front USB
ports to the GA-8KNXP mobo?

The mobo diagram is not very clear to me:

F_USB1
************
2 10
+ + + + +
+ + + +
************

F_USB2
************
+ + + + +
+ + + +
1 9
************

On My Lian-Li 601b, they are

red1 red2
white1 white2
green1 green2
black1 black2
open

open being the single pin, which has nothing on it

This is with an ABIT NF7S, but I believe the color coding is standard

LianLi case front USB has 9 pins, do I need an adapter connect them to the
mobo? Thanks.

I didn't
Hope it helps

Old September 27th 03, 09:28 AM
Andrew Wasielewski

I just did this on my PC-71 last night! Looking at the M/B from the side
(i.e. back panel connectors to the left & CPU to the top) the order for each
set of connectors from left to right is:

Red (labelled "VCC 1" or "VCC2")
White (labelled "DATA-1" or "DATA-2")
Green (labelled "DATA+1" or "DATA+2")
Black (labelled "GND1" or "GND2")

One of the cables has an extra black lead labelled "SHIELD" which goes in
Pin 10 (top right in your diagram). It is best to connect the cable with
the extra connector to the top row of pins (i.e. 2/4/6/8/10).

It ia a pity Lian-Li can't put a single block on the end of the cable as it
would be much easier to plug into the M/B. If you look at the USB backplane
connector that comes with the M/B it has a block just like this - you can
use this to see the order of the connectors. The colour assignment seems to
be standard.

--
Remove "nospam" from e-mail address to reply
1...

Old September 27th 03, 04:35 PM
GTD

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 09:28:03 +0100, "Andrew Wasielewski"
wrote:

[...]

I would guess they were anticipating 'some' mainboard maker to use a
non-standard pin layout, and wanted their cases to be able to be used.
Just a guess though.
Old September 27th 03, 08:12 PM
Allen

I need the same help for my Antec Mid tower with front two USB 2 and
1 Firewire connections. All the wires are so small it is like
microsurgery. Isn't there a better way to get them connected? Help
please.

Old September 27th 03, 10:42 PM
BirdKernel

I had to search the net for Firewire and USB pin assignments, then extrapolate
each to my Antec case. Once you find the pin layouts, you can figure out where
they go in the mobo. Wish I could find the site that I used to assist you.

Old September 28th 03, 05:39 PM
BirdKernel

Antec USB Connection:

There are 8 wires with connectors coming from the front-mounted USB ports.
1. Locate the internal USB header pins on your mobo. They consist of 10
pins in two rows. On some mobos one or two pins may be marked NC. This
indicates no contact. It is an empty pin. On some mobos one pin may be missing
from either one or both rows. Don't worry about it. You need only 8 pins to
connect to.
2. Consult your mobo manual to get each of the pin-out positions.
3. Power Pins: There are two +5v connectors to the two power pins. Each
connector can go on either pin.
4. Ground Pins: There are two ground pins, one in each row. They are usually
marked as Ground, or GND. Connect the two Ground connectors to the two
ground pins. Each connector can go on either pin. On some mobos there may
be two ground pins on one row. You do n ot need to use all of them. Make sure
to connect one ground pin on each row.
5. Date Pins: There are two plus data pins, one on each row, and two minus
data pins, one on each row. They are usually marked as USBD2+, USBD3+ and
USBD2-, USBD3- or USBP2+, USBP3+, and USBP2-, USBP3- respectively.
a. Connect the D+ connector to any of the two plus data pins. It can go on
either of the plus pins.
b. Connect the D- connector to the minus data pin in the same row as the D+
data pin that was just connected.
c. Connect the other D+ to any of the plus data pins, and connect the D-
connector to the minus data pin in the same row with the D+ pin.

Firewire Connection:

There are 6 wires with connectors coming from the front mounted IEEE1394
port. They consist of two sets of twisted pair cables. TPA (Twisted Pair A)
and TPB (Twisted Pair B), a power cable (VP), and a ground cable (VG).
1. Locate and identify the pin-out of the IEEE1394 port on your mobo.
2. Power Pin: Connect the VP connector to it.
3. Ground Pin: Connect the VG connector to it.
4. Data Pins: There are two sets of data pi8ns. Each set consists of a plus
and a minus pin. They are usually marked as TPA+ and TPA-, TPB+ and TBP-.
a. Connect the TPA+ connector to the TPA+ data pin and TPA- connector
to the TPA- data pin.
b. Connect the TPB+ connector to the TPB+ data pin and TPB- connector
to the TPB- data pin.

Old September 28th 03, 07:09 PM
Allen

Thanks much! Here Goes!!!1 Where's my glasses!!! lol!!!!

Old September 28th 03, 10:22 PM
markdc

FRONT USB CABLE HOOKUP to GA 8KNXP:
Your wires may have different color coding, these are for Antec.
This layout is for the pins on your mobo as viewed from the
top left side (I think)...anyway pin 9 is missing and that makes it
easier:

Red White Green Brown Double Black
+5v D1- D1+ Gnd Gnd
Pin 2 Pin 4 Pin 6 Pin 8 Pin 10