6800 or wait for 6600

Old August 27th 04, 02:29 PM
Alex

Default 6800 or wait for 6600

I have the chance of an XFX GeForce 6800 Gamers Edition 128MB DDR
TV-Out/Dual DVI for £176 or should i wait for the 6600 series to come out ?
I want the best value setup i can get - and wondered if the proposed price
of £150 - £200 for the 6600, and 6600gt would be worth waiting for.

Any advice would be great - thanks
Alex

Old August 27th 04, 03:02 PM
Bishop

I would say 6800...but since we dont know how the 6600 works, u could wait a
month, i'd still say 6800, i've seen a few preview benchmarks and they're
not that great.

?

Old August 28th 04, 04:29 AM
Jelle

a pund is 1.5 euros, right? Than for that money for me it would be a no
brainer, I would take it,since I am sure that the 6800 will be faster
because of 256bit memory against 128bit 6600GT.

Old August 30th 04, 09:22 AM
Nada

"Alex" wrote:
I have the chance of an XFX GeForce 6800 Gamers Edition 128MB DDR
TV-Out/Dual DVI for £176 or should i wait for the 6600 series to come out ?
I want the best value setup i can get - and wondered if the proposed price
of £150 - £200 for the 6600, and 6600gt would be worth waiting for.

Any advice would be great - thanks
Alex

If you can squeeze your bank account for a month and live with rice
and mashed potatoes, I'd buy that 6800.
Old August 31st 04, 10:45 AM
Obake

In article , "Alex" wrote:
I have the chance of an XFX GeForce 6800 Gamers Edition 128MB DDR
TV-Out/Dual DVI for £176 or should i wait for the 6600 series to come out ?
I want the best value setup i can get - and wondered if the proposed price
of £150 - £200 for the 6600, and 6600gt would be worth waiting for.

Any advice would be great - thanks
Alex

i think the 6600 are for the mainstream, meaning good price/performance. the
6800 are for enthusiasts. meaning the best performance, but you're paying
extra for it. the 6600 isn't for extreme gamers, but it does have a few extra
tricks the 6800 doesn't have.

will you be waiting for the 6600 reelase because yout hink the price of the
6800 will come down or do you want to purchase 6600?