GA-8PENXP and Game Port header

Old October 12th 03, 12:15 AM
Tim_S

Default GA-8PENXP and Game Port header

GA-8PENXP and Game Port header

The Pin outs for this game port header does not follow the same naming
convention as the standard. Can anyone out there tell me what these equate
to as compaired to the standard game ports? Below I have two columns, in
the first column is the Giga-byte pin out header for the game port as shown
in the manual. The nomenclatures for each pin is a little cryptic. I also
think that there was a mistype for pin 2, the book showed GRX1_R but I think
it should have been GPX1_R. Anyway, in the second column I have pasted
what I think these cryptic headers correlate to in the standard pin outs.

This is an index of what I think this cryptic shorthand stands for;

The VCC stands for +5V power.

GND = of course Ground

GPX1_R = Game Port X Axis 1st joystick (I don't know what the _R means in
these)

GPY1_R = Game Port Y Axis 1st Joystick
GPX2_R = Game Port X Axis 2nd Joystick

GPY2_R = Game Port Y Axis 2nd Joystick

GPSA1 = Game Port Switch, A Joystick Button 1

GPSA2 = Game Port Switch, A Joystick Button 2

GPSB1 = Game Port Switch, B Joystick Button 1

GPSB2 = Game Port Switch, B Joystick Button 2

MSI_R = Midi Switched Input

MSO_R = Midi Switched Output

Anyway, here is what i think the pin-outs should be, correct me if i am
wrong...

G-B Pin out for Game Port according to manual, with what I think the
matching standard pins should be.

1. VCC 1. +5V Power

2. GRX1_R 5. J1CX Joystick 1 Axis X

3. GND 7. GND Ground

4. GPSA2 13. J1B2 Joystick 1 Button 2

5. VCC 2. +5V Power

6. GPX2_R 6. J2CX Joystick 2 Axis X

7. GPY2_R 10. J2CY Joystick 2 Axis Y

8. MSI_R 14. Midi-In / Midi TxD

9. GPSA1 3. J1B1 Joystick 1 Button 1

10. GND 9. GND Ground

11. GPY1_R 11 J1CY Joystick 1 Axis Y

12. VCC 15. +5V Power

13. GPSB1 4. J2B1 Joystick 2 Button 1

14. MSO_R 8. Midi-Out / Midi RxD

15. GPSB2 12. J2B2 Joystick 2 Button 2

16. No Pin 16. No Pin

Standard Game Port Pin outs

1. 1. +5V Power

2. 2. +5V Power

3. 3. J1B1 Joystick 1 Button 1

4. 4. J2B1 Joystick 2 Button 1

5. 5. J1CX Joystick 1 Axis X

6. 6. J2CX Joystick 2 Axis X

7. 7. GND Ground

8. 8. Midi-Out / Midi RxD

9. 9. GND Ground

10. 10. J2CY Joystick 2 Axis Y

11. 11. J2CY Joystick 1 Axis Y

12. 12. J2B2 Joystick 2 Button 2

13. 13. J1B2 Joystick 1 Button 2

14. 14. Midi-In / Midi TxD

15. 15. +5V Power

16. 16. No Pin

I currently have a FrontX front panel and internal game port setup
(www.frontx.com) and must move the pins to match my MO-BO. I wanted to make
sure of the pin-out conversion before I started. Any light on this subject
would be a great help...

Thanks..

Old January 1st 05, 11:03 PM
Wuntvor

Tim_S Wrote:
GA-8PENXP and Game Port header

The Pin outs for this game port header does not follow the same naming
convention as the standard. Can anyone out there tell me what thes
equate
to as compaired to the standard game ports? Below I have two columns
in
the first column is the Giga-byte pin out header for the game port a
shown
in the manual. The nomenclatures for each pin is a little cryptic.
also
think that there was a mistype for pin 2, the book showed GRX1_R but
think
it should have been GPX1_R. Anyway, in the second column I hav
pasted
what I think these cryptic headers correlate to in the standard pi
outs.

Anyway, here is what i think the pin-outs should be, correct me if
am
wrong...

Thanks..

Tim, I am sorry, but you are wrong. The error was in the Standar
pinout you used at the bottom. The pinout you used is the pinout for
motherboard connector. The pinout commonly used on different brands o
motherboard. Unfortunately the pinout of a Joystick 15 Pos D-SUB i
quite different. Follow this link for a correct wiring diagram, or loo
below.

http://tinyurl.com/4naa2

I have altered your pinout to show the correct wiring:

Gigabyte MB - - - - - - - - - - - PC Joystick or MIDI

1. VCC - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1. +5V Power

2. GRX1_R - - - - - - - - - - - - 3. J1CX Joystick 1 Axis X

3. GND - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 5. GND Ground

4. GPSA2- - - - - - - - - - - - - 7. J1B2 Joystick 1 Button 2

5. VCC - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 9. +5V Power

6. GPX2_R - - - - - - - - - - - - 11. J2CX Joystick 2 Axis X

7. GPY2_R - - - - - - - - - - - - 13. J2CY Joystick 2 Axis Y

8. MSI_R - - - - - - - - - - - - 15. Midi-In / Midi RxD

9. GPSA1 - - - - - - - - - - - - 2. J1B1 Joystick 1 Button 1

10. GND - - - - - - - - - - - - - 4. GND Ground

11. GPY1_R - - - - - - - - - - - 6 J1CY Joystick 1 Axis Y

12. VCC - - - - - - - - - - - - - 8. +5V Power

13. GPSB1 - - - - - - - - - - - 10. J2B1 Joystick 2 Button 1

14. MSO_R - - - - - - - - - - - 12. Midi-Out / Midi TxD

15. GPSB2 - - - - - - - - - - - 14. J2B2 Joystick 2 Button 2

16. No Pin - - - - - - - - - - - 16. No Pin

Standard PC Gameport / MIDI Pin outs

1. - - - +5 VDC Power

2. - - - J1B1 Joystick 1 Button 1

3. - - - J1CX Joystick 1 Axis X

4. - - - GND Ground

5. - - - GND Ground

6. - - - J2CY Joystick 1 Axis Y

7. - - - J1B2 Joystick 1 Button 2

8. - - - +5V Power

9. - - - +5V Power

10. - - J2B1 Joystick 2 Button 1 (Button 4)

11. - - J2CX Joystick 2 Axis X

12. - - MIDI-Out / MIDI TxD / MIDI Transmit

13.- - J2CY Joystick 2 Axis Y

14.- - J2B2 Joystick 2 Button 2 (Button 3)

15.- - MIDI-In / MIDI RxD / MIDI Receive

16.- - No Pin

Hope this helps someone. I believe that this part can be purchased a
well
Gigabyte Part Number - 12CF1-1GM001-01

Well good luc

--