eVGA GF 9600 GT fast as the dickens

Old August 8th 08, 10:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
johns

Default eVGA GF 9600 GT fast as the dickens

AquaMark3d benched this $120 card at 176,694.

Faster than my BFG 8800 GTO which benched at about 155,000.

I had not even thought about upgrading my 8800 until
I saw this on my test bench. Holy cat! And what I really
like about this test card is it is quiet. At post, the fan
is your typical nVidia fan ... loud and annoying ... but
then it goes quiet once the PC is up. I did not test it
in a game, nor did I look at cooling.

Is the 9800 GT even better than that ? I just might be
looking at an upgrade this Fall, if this is not a fluke.

What about noise and temp control? I finally decided
to put a Zalman on my 8800 ... and you can stick it,
BFG ! I'm going to have a quiet card that lasts a year
or so, and you can shove your tech support UP YOURS !
I don't want to go through that on a 9800 running even
faster.

I read all the reports on the failing GPUs. Gee, I wonder
why ? That is what nVidia gets for all the lies about
how hot their cards could run ... and the stinking sorry
fans they are using. We all knew about this last year
with 8800s sitting idle at 90 degrees C, and companies
like BFG claiming that was OK. Nonsense. A Zalman
can fix that crap in a minute, and the cards run fine
from then on. Those GPUs aren't bad. The entire problem
is the crappy screaming worthless fans that are on the
nVidia cards. Not to mention the sloppy assembly job
on those warped fan heatsinks that don't even contact
the GPU. I knew this chicken would come home to
roost. You are getting exactly what you deserve, nVidia !

johns

Old August 8th 08, 11:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus[_3_]

"johns" wrote in message
AquaMark3d benched this $120 card at 176,694.

Faster than my BFG 8800 GTO which benched at about 155,000.

I had not even thought about upgrading my 8800 until
I saw this on my test bench. Holy cat! And what I really
like about this test card is it is quiet. At post, the fan
is your typical nVidia fan ... loud and annoying ... but
then it goes quiet once the PC is up. I did not test it
in a game, nor did I look at cooling.

A BFG 8800GTO? Can't find any such beast on BFG's website or Google....so I
suspect you mean an 8800GTS 320Mb or 640Mb. Because an G92 8800GT or GTS
will outperform any 9600GT. I own both and have tested them extensively in
both synthetic and real world benchmarks. Aquamark is an ancient synthetic
bench that is highly CPU dependent. Your 9600GT got a score of 155,000 with
what system specs? My E8400 box running at a stock 3.0Ghz with a Galaxy
8800GT 512Mb card gets 181,000. I normally run the system at 3.8Ghz.....it
gets 220,000 with the same card at this speed. What does that tell you?

Old August 9th 08, 12:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Venger[_2_]

johns wrote:
AquaMark3d benched this $120 card at 176,694.

Faster than my BFG 8800 GTO which benched at about 155,000.

7800 Maybe? 8600?

Cause an 8800 GT will walk on a 9600.

Venger
Old August 9th 08, 02:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bill

In article , deimos@localhost says...
johns wrote:

snipowinensnivel

johns

Yer doin' it wrong.

Of course he is, he's a googlegoober.

Bill
Old August 9th 08, 09:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Shawk[_2_]

Augustus wrote:
"johns" wrote in message
[...]

Had this conversation (no such card) with johns numerous times in
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action. The guy is either a nut or a troll.

He'll tell you next that he knows what he's talking about because he's a
chip level programmer
Old August 9th 08, 05:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Shawk wrote:
Augustus wrote:
"johns" wrote in message
[...]

johns is a regular, he makes more sense when he posts before he hits the
Vodak.

He doesn't seem to understand certain fundamentals very well and that
trips him up often.
Old August 9th 08, 08:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Shawk[_2_]

Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Shawk wrote:
Augustus wrote:
"johns" wrote in message
[...]

Ah, don't seem to have come across him in the sober state yet then.

He doesn't seem to understand certain fundamentals very well and that
trips him up often.

Not just on video cards.

Old August 12th 08, 12:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
johns

Cause an 8800 GT will walk on a 9600.

Not on the same boxes it won't. And I've
never seen an 8800 GT break the 155,000
barrier in Aquamark. This 9600 GT sure
did, and it is not a top card. To heck
with the numbers. Just run one and look
at it. Aquamark runs so fast it is a joke
to look at on a 9600 GT.

So what are you guys going to do when I
get my $170.00 9800 GT this Christmas, and
FarCry 2 runs perfect on it?

johns
Old August 12th 08, 01:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus[_3_]

"johns" wrote in message
Cause an 8800 GT will walk on a 9600.

Not on the same boxes it won't. And I've
never seen an 8800 GT break the 155,000
barrier in Aquamark. This 9600 GT sure
did, and it is not a top card. To heck
with the numbers. Just run one and look
at it. Aquamark runs so fast it is a joke
to look at on a 9600 GT.

So what are you guys going to do when I
get my $170.00 9800 GT this Christmas, and
FarCry 2 runs perfect on it?

Ok...this confirms it. Deliberate Troll