Halo TI4200 Performance.

Old October 28th 03, 12:18 PM
Carol Fieldus

Default Halo TI4200 Performance.

Just wondering how others have found Halo to run on a ti4200 card. My system
is an AthlonXP2000 512mb ddr ram and a 64mb geforce ti4200 card that is
overclocked. Outdoor sections run good but indoor sections where there are
lots of bumpmapping and pixelshader effects run a lot slower. I have tried
latest 52.16 drivers and found they do help performance a lot but still runs
laggy. Is there much difference betweeh the 64mb and 128mb ti4200 card in
regards to performance and also actual memory storage for current games?
Anyone got any ideas for speeding up Halo performance or does the conversion
just suck? Thanks.. Jamaster..

Old October 28th 03, 12:33 PM
Andrew

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:18:16 GMT, "Carol Fieldus"
wrote:

Just wondering how others have found Halo to run on a ti4200 card.

groups.google.com
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.
Old October 28th 03, 05:43 PM
Granulated

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:18:16 GMT "Carol Fieldus" meeped
:

Just wondering how others have found Halo to run on a ti4200 card. My system
is an AthlonXP2000 512mb ddr ram and a 64mb geforce ti4200 card that is
overclocked. Outdoor sections run good but indoor sections where there are
lots of bumpmapping and pixelshader effects run a lot slower. I have tried
latest 52.16 drivers and found they do help performance a lot but still runs
laggy. Is there much difference betweeh the 64mb and 128mb ti4200 card in
regards to performance and also actual memory storage for current games?
Anyone got any ideas for speeding up Halo performance or does the conversion
just suck? Thanks.. Jamaster..

Turn off shadows and reflections ?

Old October 28th 03, 08:45 PM
SpaceWalker

since the gf4 is not a "DX9" card. Run the game with -use14 for shader 1.4
or -use11 for shader 1.1.

Ex.
"..\halo.exe -use11" for version 1.1 shader
"..\halo.exe -use14" for version 1.4 shader

alot of people have gotten much better performance out of halo this way..

1.1 and 1.4 is driver dependent so try both and see which one works better
with your driver version.

Old October 29th 03, 05:17 PM
Flow

It sucks on my system.
I have to turn down all graphics options to run reasonable in 1024x768
MSI Kt3 ultra
amd xp2400@xp2600-2133mhz
pc2700 512mb ddr corsair xms
Asus gf4 ti4400 128mb core 300mhz. mem 600mhz det.41.09
realtek ethernet card 1
realtek ethernet card 2
SB live 5.1 soundblaster
56kpci modem v92 trust
liteon dvd player
hp 9300i cd writer
floppy drive
ibm deskstar 60gig 7200rpm
superflower 420w psu with aopen h600 case.
Win98se with all updates.

"Carol Fieldus" schreef in bericht

Old October 30th 03, 11:15 AM
Darthy

You have some issues... some back ground tasks of some sort.

I have ALL settings on (this is the demo version, but it has the
COMPLETE first level and a single map Multipler mode) and I get good
frame rate on my lowly Ti4200. note: 52.16 drivers enables some
effects... but even with the 30.82 drivers the game played good.

KT400 chipset (not much better than your KT3. Which I have in the same
KT3 Ultra board in my #2 PC with a borrowed GF5-5200 PCI - it plays it
surprisingly "okay" with an AMD 2000).

512mb DDR 333mhz
MSI Ti4200-64 (not overclocked) - Det 52.16
AMD XP2500 @ 2000mhz
SB Live
Windows98se

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:17:30 +0100, "Flow" wrote:

It sucks on my system.
I have to turn down all graphics options to run reasonable in 1024x768
MSI Kt3 ultra
amd xp2400@xp2600-2133mhz
pc2700 512mb ddr corsair xms
Asus gf4 ti4400 128mb core 300mhz. mem 600mhz det.41.09
realtek ethernet card 1
realtek ethernet card 2
SB live 5.1 soundblaster
56kpci modem v92 trust
liteon dvd player
hp 9300i cd writer
floppy drive
ibm deskstar 60gig 7200rpm
superflower 420w psu with aopen h600 case.
Win98se with all updates.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!