Fedora Linux - onscreen garbage with nvidia drivers.

Old December 30th 03, 02:22 AM
Nicole & Tom

Default Fedora Linux - onscreen garbage with nvidia drivers.

Please help.

I have apparently installed both of the last two driver releases
correctly, (no error messages), and I have tried this with both a GeForce
2 mx 400 and a GeForce 4 mx 480 SEL.

In all cases, when I enable the nvidia driver in my xf86config I get
garbage on-screen when I start x or reboot.

Thanks

Tom
Old December 30th 03, 03:00 AM
Colin Wilson

In all cases, when I enable the nvidia driver in my xf86config I get
garbage on-screen when I start x or reboot.

A stab in the dark here (i`m not using linux atm, and have very little
experience of it) - I quite often get to see old bits of buffered screen
under windows when loading games etc - could it be old data in parts of
the gfx card memory that hasn`t been blanked ?

Old December 30th 03, 07:14 AM
PB

"Nicole & Tom" wrote in message
news
Please help.

I have apparently installed both of the last two driver releases
correctly, (no error messages), and I have tried this with both a GeForce
2 mx 400 and a GeForce 4 mx 480 SEL.

In all cases, when I enable the nvidia driver in my xf86config I get
garbage on-screen when I start x or reboot.

Any particular reason why you chose Fedora?

DD

Old December 30th 03, 08:02 AM
The Black Wibble

"PB" wrote in message ...

"Nicole & Tom" wrote in message
news
Please help.

I have apparently installed both of the last two driver releases
correctly, (no error messages), and I have tried this with both a GeForce
2 mx 400 and a GeForce 4 mx 480 SEL.

In all cases, when I enable the nvidia driver in my xf86config I get
garbage on-screen when I start x or reboot.

Any particular reason why you chose Fedora?

DD

Why not choose Fedora?

Tony

--
3GHz P4 (HT enabled)
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe

To email me, replace org.nz with net.nz.

Old January 8th 04, 12:32 AM
Nicole & Tom

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:22:47 +1100, Nicole & Tom wrote:

Please help.

I have apparently installed both of the last two driver releases
correctly, (no error messages), and I have tried this with both a GeForce
2 mx 400 and a GeForce 4 mx 480 SEL.

In all cases, when I enable the nvidia driver in my xf86config I get
garbage on-screen when I start x or reboot.

Thanks

Tom

Thanks for the replies. I have now found that the card was sharing an IRQ
with my Dxr2 DVD decoder card. I removed the Dxr2 and the drivers are
fine.

I appreciate your suggestions.

regards,

TG