res on TV with Clone mode?

Old September 24th 03, 08:53 AM
River

Default res on TV with Clone mode?

I have a Leadtek A170TH Geforce 4 MX440.

I'm pretty sure that I used to be able to have my computer set to
clone mode, with different resolutions on my TV and Monitor. For
instance, I could run my monitor at 1280x1024, and my TV at 800x600.

The principle reason I want to be able to do this, is that at the
moment when I use clone mode, the TV has the same resolution as my
monitor - in this case 1280x1024. This wouldn't be too much of a
problem (i pretty much only use the TV to watch videos), except that
my Video card "scrolls" the picture on the TV - ie, the TV will only
display 800x600? 640x480?, so it puts the rest of the picture off
screen as it were. (i'm sure I'm explaing this too much).

So, in conclusion, I want to be able to use clone mode so that I can
watch videos on my TV, without losing parts of the picture due to
silly scrolling issues, and without having to run my monitor at
800x600.

umm.. yeah.

Thanks Heaps in advance.

Old September 24th 03, 12:24 PM
Dirk Pajonk

Go to the overlay tab and select "display on secondary device"
800x600 is enough!

om...