2D image/video quality recommendations

Old July 29th 03, 10:25 AM
Bruce Wilson

Default 2D image/video quality recommendations

Depends on which NG the answer comes from.

"Default" wrote in message
Hi all,

Interested to know which set of cards now have the better image (and

video)
quality, nV or ATi?
Came across a guy who says his Quadro looks better on screen than a 9800P.
Can this be true?

Views much appreciated!

Old July 29th 03, 11:08 AM
kalev-

"Default" wrote in message
Hi all,

Interested to know which set of cards now have the better image (and

video)
quality, nV or ATi?
Came across a guy who says his Quadro looks better on screen than a
9800P. Can this be true?

Views much appreciated!

Like asking the Pope or a Ribbi: "-which religion is the best one?"
jk

--
Every day above ground is a good day

Old July 30th 03, 09:40 PM
RJT

Default wrote:
I'm indifferent to whichever brand, call me disloyal, but I've switched from
ATi to nV and back and forth several times. Just intersted in some objective
opinions.

I've had several different cards myself, but the best 2d picture really
did come from my matrox cards. Having said that, the Parhelia's can't
keep up with the ATi of nVidia cards in 3d, so my guess is you are after
one of these for their 3d speeds. Considering those speeds aren't that
far apart, it's a rather good question. I'd say my current nVidia gives
a slightly sharper and more vivid picture than the last ATi I had, but
then again, I guess most ATi owners will give you the opposite answer.

RJT

Old July 30th 03, 09:44 PM
Ben Pope

RJT wrote:
I'm indifferent to whichever brand, call me disloyal, but I've
switched from ATi to nV and back and forth several times. Just
intersted in some objective opinions.

I've had several different cards myself, but the best 2d picture
really
did come from my matrox cards. Having said that, the Parhelia's can't
keep up with the ATi of nVidia cards in 3d, so my guess is you are
after
one of these for their 3d speeds. Considering those speeds aren't that
far apart, it's a rather good question. I'd say my current nVidia
gives
a slightly sharper and more vivid picture than the last ATi I had, but
then again, I guess most ATi owners will give you the opposite answer.

What cards are you comparing? Who built the respective cards?

Ben

Old August 2nd 03, 04:21 AM
First of One

Try the LeadTek Winfast series of cards. The Ti4600 delivers 2D image
quality comparable to the Parhelia, according to this article:

http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardwa...elia/page5.asp

I expect the newer LeadTek A350 FX5900 "ghetto blastah" cards to have
comparable, if not better analog filters.

--
First of One, Primary Adjunctive Grid Alpha-01
Remove "NOT" from Email Address to Reply