TV Wonder Pro Crashes Computer and results in Blue Screen messages

Old January 17th 04, 12:55 AM
Venomwalk

Default TV Wonder Pro Crashes Computer and results in Blue Screen messages

Has anyone seen the issue described below?

I have been trying to get the ATI TV Wonder Pro PCI card to work
without crashing my system. The card seems to function okay. I am
able to capture video and able to schedule recording of programs
(Although I am not able to tune channel 2 on my cable system). The
audio works well. I am using Beyond TV (aka SnapStream) instead of
the software that comes with the card.

The problem is that my computer randomly shuts down and a blue screen
appears with the following information:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
damage to your computer.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, follow
these steps.

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.

If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software
manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware
or software.

Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need
to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your
computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options and then select
safe mode.

Technical Information:

*** 0X00000050 (0XFF9A0060, 0X00000000, 0X805FF872, 0X00000000)"

The computer does not crash when I either remove the TV Wonder card or
disable it from the device manager.

My computer ia a Emachines T2865 and has the following multimedia
specs:
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition

AMD Athlon™ XP 2800+ Processor (2.083 GHz) with QuantiSpeed™
architecture
NVIDIA® nForce™2
512 MB DDR (PC 2700)
nForce™ 6-channel Audio
NVIDIA® GeForce4™ MX graphics
I have restored my computer back to its original state and then
reinstalled the TV tuner card. These actions did not help.

Any advice provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vwalk