Can't boot from Cdrom

Old January 14th 05, 10:18 AM
dave mitchell

Default Can't boot from Cdrom

i have a asus p4c800 and i cant boot from cdrom or zip{emulated floppy} ive
done all the settings in bios but when it posts it just goes to this smily
face and a blinking cursur, it doesnt even try to read the discs.
i lost my floppy drive access so i finally was able to copy my ghost boot
disc to zip and have zip emulate floppy but i still cannt get it to
work....all i want to do is ghost my drive without having to spend more
money on the latest ghost...i have ghost 2002.
any serious help appreciated.

thanks
dave

Old January 14th 05, 12:23 PM
Ayoub

Have you tried using the F8 option at startup to enable the one off boot
screen?
If that doesn't work then perhaps you should try the CD-ROM in a different
computer to make sure that it's actually bootable.
Cheers

Old January 14th 05, 04:34 PM
Ginchy

1. When you change the first boot to cd rom in the bios are you then saving
the bios?

2. Once I tried to boot from cd rom and changed "first boot" to the cd rom
drive letter...it didnt work.....I then discovered that in the "first boot"
options there was actually one called "cd rom"....this worked!

when you get it right you will see a message on screen saying "press any key
to boot from cd rom"