ASUS P5GD2 Deluxe and RAID

Old October 6th 04, 08:15 PM
Joseph Mouhanna

Default ASUS P5GD2 Deluxe and RAID

I'm setting up an ASUS P5GD2 Deluxe system and would like to use the Intel
RAID option. I followed the instructions, went into the BIOS settings, Under
IDE Configuration, I selected Configure SATA as Raid, and enabled the
OnBoard Serial-ATA Bootrom.

When I save and reboot, and try using CTRL-I to set up the RAID drives,
nothing happens. Anyone knows what's up?

I tried enabling the Silicon Image RAID option, and everything works fine
there, so it's not a hard disk issue.

Old October 6th 04, 09:53 PM
Joseph Mouhanna

User error (and misleading MB markings). There's another set of SATA
connectors on the MB for the Intel solution. They are marked SATA 1 through
4. The other 4 SATA connectors are marked SATA RAID 1-4. I thought that the
other 4 SATA drives are for master/slave standard applications. The
explanation is buried as a footnote in the manual.

"Joseph Mouhanna" wrote in
message news:HvX8d.6704$r3.2347@trnddc05...