File Recovery Utility?

Old September 9th 03, 10:50 PM
John

Default File Recovery Utility?

Is there a free or cheap file recovery utility that will fit on a boot
floppy?

The cheapest one that I have found costs $49.95, and I think that's a bit
steep.

-john
Old September 10th 03, 01:37 AM
Jim Turner

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 17:50:55 -0400, John wrote:

Is there a free or cheap file recovery utility that will fit on a boot
floppy?

The cheapest one that I have found costs $49.95, and I think that's a bit
steep.

-john

What OS/File system? Makes a difference.

Old September 10th 03, 08:47 PM
John

Conor wrote:

In article ,
says...
WIN2000 - NTFS

You'll not find a freebie for that.

That's not gonna do me much good, dude.

-john
Old September 12th 03, 05:52 AM
Overlord

FileSaver
http://www.file-saver.com/undelete/menu.htm
208K and like $12. Runs fine on my 2K; dunno what you're running.
You are possibly aware that a DOS boot floppy will not see an NTFS
hard drive without additional software running on the boot floppy?
And of course fitting on a boot floppy and running from a DOS boot are
2 vastly different things.....

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 17:50:55 -0400, John wrote:

Is there a free or cheap file recovery utility that will fit on a boot
floppy?

The cheapest one that I have found costs $49.95, and I think that's a bit
steep.

-john

~~~~~~
Bait for spammers:
root@localhost
postmaster@localhost
admin@localhost
abuse@localhost
]
~~~~~~
Remove "spamless" to email me.
Old September 12th 03, 10:16 PM
John

There is a program called "Uneraser" that will fit, and run, on a bootable
floppy. It will read both FAT and NTFS partitions. Cost: $50.

-john

boot-up problem Dave General 1 January 11th 04 02:38 PM
Can't get CD Burner to Burn Nottoman General 2 December 22nd 03 05:47 PM
file recovery for msword doc BFM General 4 September 4th 03 04:48 PM
File System Conversion from NTFS to back to FAT32 Optonline Overclocking AMD Processors 0 June 23rd 03 01:19 PM
Undo "compress old files" in Disk Cleanup utility? John McGaw Homebuilt PC's 0 June 22nd 03 10:23 PM